Youth Coaches for Soccer Tots 2-5y are responsible for expanding the early childhood soccer program by
leading and assisting in sessions based on the Soccer Tots 2-5y curriculum.
• Lead in cooperation with the overall strategy and philosophy of play for children ages two to five
years old, typically in groups of 10 children per class.
• Ensure proper instruction for children based on their specific class, such as Parent-Child (ages 2-
3), Beginner-Independence (ages 3-4), and Pre-Recreational (ages 4-5). Coach to player ratio for
one class = 1:10
• Lead and assist with 45-minute training sessions that are both fun and engaging.
• Take a child-centered approach in leading children how to enjoy the game of soccer at its
• Emphasize and promote the importance of active and healthy lifestyles.
• Oversee all equipment inventory, care and systematic return at the finish of classes.
• Maintain professional relationships with parents, instructors, players and sponsors.
• Represent Detroit City FC and its related affiliates and partners in a professional manner at all
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
• Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise
independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
• Passionate about the game of soccer.
• Knowledge of coaching techniques.
• Positive attitude.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic.
• Creativity in regards to training sessions by keeping children and players engaged and eager to
• Practice and promote a healthy lifestyle.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Passion and commitment to child and athlete development.
• Proven effective leadership, communication and coaching skills, prior experience with early
childhood coaching and/or teaching preferred.
• Possess the knowledge and experience gained from playing soccer or working in early
• Proven record in following curriculums and directives.
• Passion for the game of soccer and Detroit City FC teams and organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Required to sit, stand, walk and run.
• Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
• Frequent stooping, diving, bending, pulling and pushing.
• Reach with hands and arms.
• Required to talk and hear consistently.
• Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag approximately fifty (50) pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of
objects by using the eye.
1. Do you have access to reliable transportation?
2. Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as
Equal Opportunity Employer: Detroit City FC is an equal opportunity employer that does not
discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, height, or weight.
Applicants may contact Tyler McManus, Director of Youth Development for Detroit City FC.