A new and exciting opportunity has arisen in the expanding West Ham United Women’s Team for a Physiotherapist/ Sports Therapist to lead the Academy programme and work alongside the first team who compete in the WSL.
At West Ham United Women our goal is to be competing at the highest level of Women’s football. We will provide a performance center strategy that encompasses the Club wide philosophy for players to develop within a comprehensive and professionalised environment.
As West Ham United Women’s Head Academy Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist you will be fully supported in building sustainable success. Starting with the creation of a winning culture, where as a team we will develop players into professional footballers.
• Be in attendance at all training sessions and matches played throughout the season and pre-season.
• Be responsible for the day to day delivery of high level injury prevention, injury rehabilitation and pitch side first aid/emergency care including the systems and infrastructure required to ensure that these processes are supported, documented and reviewed appropriately, in collaboration with the rest of the Club’s medical staff.
• Oversee all the Women’s Academy Players based with the 1st team.
• Liaise with the clubs that academy players join on dual registration to monitor their helath & wellbeing.
• Support the Head of Medical with women’s 1st team duties when required.
• Devise and assess both conventional and alternative strategies for the prevention and reduction of injury. Proactively seek out and embed new ideas.
• Diagnose and treat injuries presented to them.
• Maintain excellent communication between the players and technical staff and dual registration clubs.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Desired (D), Essential (E)
• BSc/MSc in Physiotherapy (E) or BSc/ MSc in Sports Therapy (E)
• Registered member of the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)(E)
• Registered to appropriate governing body (E)
• Up to date Advanced Emergency Aid qualification (ATMMiF course) (E)
• Satisfactory DBS (E)
• Exeprience working with Female Athletes (E)
• Previous experience in a professional sports environment (D)
• Working within Women’s Football (D)
• Working with female academy players (D)