To provide a high level of Player Care to support the players to settle into the club and be able to perform their playing duties to the highest level possible.
Delegated responsibility for the process of assisting Players for initial relocation requirements for new Players, in terms of hotel accommodation, travel arrangements, housing, schooling, banking arrangements, personal administration, introduction to the local area and being the main point of contact for the Player and family during the integration process.
Delegated responsibility for the process of assisting Players with accommodation arrangements, arranging property viewings and assisting with the negotiation of rental contracts, assisting with mortgage requirements and documentation and co-ordination of meetings with relevant professional, legal and financial parties.
Regular communication with Players to ensure that any issues are attended to as and when required in both in a timely manner and a way that is appropriate for both the Player and the Club.
Provision of ongoing general support and assistance for Players and their family and developing professional relationships based on respect and trust.
The provision of ongoing assistance to Players in managing key aspects of their personal administration to ensure that all accounts, charges, documentation and records are up to date and clear.
Attendance on emergency call outs to Players’ properties as needed on a rota basis during office hours.
Availability of on-call cover on a rota-basis during weekends and Players’ days off.
Act as the women’s team representative in meetings with other internal stakeholders regarding the players’ appearance schedule along with managing and overseeing all appearances.
Provide the players with timely briefings about appearances and ensuring they are at the right location punctually.
Manage the organisation and allocation of injured/non-selected Players for match day hospitality, commercial and Club media Player appearance activity.
Various responsibilities on all home matchdays, including ensuring a positive experience for players’ families.
Occasional travel to away games if required to assist with team logistics.
Liaison with Supporter Services Department to manage, develop and implement an effective process to deal with Players’ fan mail that is compatible with other departments and provides appropriate and timely responses to all communication received.
Liaison with Players regarding arrangements and welfare when on temporary transfer from the Club and representative on sub-committee monitoring Players out on loan at other clubs.
Support the Academy welfare staff with the integration and transition of the U21/Development Squad, with particular focus on away travel, trialists and Loan players.
Liaise with the Women’s Academy Safeguarding Manager with all U18 arrangements.
Organisation of educational sessions for players and support players who choose to study while at the club with helping them find relevant courses or workshops suited to their individual needs.
Abilities, Skills, Knowledge
* Experience of working in player or athlete care. (D)
* Experience of working with high profile individuals (E)
* Demonstrate suitable awareness and commitment in helping to create and promote an inclusive and safe environment that values all and is considerate of any additional welfare support and learning needs. (E)
* Project management experience (E)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills (E)
* Extensive administration experience (E)
* Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office (E)
* Have a flexible attitude to work, including attendance at home matches (E)
* Hold current clean driving licence and have use of own vehicle (D)
* Knowledge of foreign languages, spoken and written (D)
* Excellent organisation and time management skills (E)
* Expert problem solver who is calm under pressure (E)
* Ability to work effectively under own initiative and as a team member and to anticipate and prioritise different workloads (E)
* Ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively with various professional disciplines and at all levels of an organisation (E)
* Ability to adapt quickly and have flexible attitude (E)
* Maintain absolute confidentiality (E)
* Be prepared to work, at times, unsociable hours including evenings and weekends and have a willingness to travel (E)
* Possession of a valid passport and comfortable with travelling as required (E)
* Possession of, or able to gain a DBS certificate (E)
Experience of organising and overseeing pastoral or welfare arrangements for young adults (D)
* Experience of strategic planning, delivery, and application of pastoral/welfare arrangements. (E)
* Experience in taking a lead responsibility for overseeing an organisational external audit process. (E)