An exciting opportunity has become available to lead Women’s football at AFC Wimbledon. We are looking to recruit a Women’s General Manager to lead a progressive and forward-thinking operation at a key time in its development. You will play a key role in driving all aspects of the club’s women’s football operations. The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business. You will be passionate about women’s football, and motivated to grow the professionalism, visibility, and value of AFCW Ladies. This role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, creative leader who wants to be part of growing the game. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong admin and organisational skills, good attention to detail, the ability to work flexibly and have a strong work ethic.
The General Manager will work closely with AFCW, the Women’s Board and Teams.
• To ensure all operational issues are fully communicated to the Board, Team Manager, Coaching Staff, and other key stakeholders and advise relevant personnel of the Club’s obligations and responsibilities under the relevant regulations.
• To work with the Ladies Board to develop and deliver a strategy and vision for women’s football at the Club.
• To manage all relationships and services provided to the Club by key partners and to ensure communication is maintained with regular updates provided to all stakeholders.
• To develop the Club in areas including commercial, finance, media, personnel, facility, and marketing issues.
• Line management of all non-technical staff and volunteers – including those working in the first team, academy team, college team, youth academy and community programmes.
• To work with the CEO to support the development of long-term strategies and business plans which help to grow and enhance the Club.
• To be responsible for the co-ordination and development of all women’s team matchday operations
• To be responsible for the co-ordination of the U23s team matchday operations
• To be responsible for updating and managing schedules across the Club
• To provide player care services as required
• To be responsible for reporting on a match-to-match basis; attendances, income, ticket sales, merchandise, commercial sales, sponsorship arrangements and other sales information.
• To produce and manage all key Club information, documentation, and statistics
To be responsible for the management and distribution of training wear and playing kit across the Club.
• To be responsible for the coordination of player appearances for media purposes and sponsor activity.
• To ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Safeguarding standards, Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
• To represent the Employer, AFCW Ladies in a professional manner at all times.
• Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Line Manager or Women’s Board.
Attainment and Qualifications Essential Requirements
• GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C or above in both Maths and English or qualified by relevant experience.
• A full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
• Sport related or business management degree.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines whilst being able to prioritise workloads in a timely fashion.
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent administration skills.
• Project management skills: the ability to take ownership of projects and see them through to completion.
• Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Intranet/Web/Internet and Microsoft Outlook.
• Ability to apply attention to detail, to ensure that information is recorded, monitored, and analysed appropriately.
• Ability to organise and administer events.
• Demonstrable ability of successful meeting servicing with the ability to prepare agendas, papers, and minutes.
• Ability to provide oral and written information clearly and concisely and able to understand and explain maters arising in own area of work.
• Ability to contribute to internal and external networks, actively seeking to build productive relationships, share information and ideas and improve working practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times.
• Sports/ Football Development experience.
• Experience of working within a commercial/ business environment.
• Experience of working in Women’s football.
• Knowledge and understanding of The Football Association.
• Flexible approach to working hours including a willingness to work evening and weekends.
• Ability to actively contribute to, lead and be part of a successful team.
• Pro-active and reliable.
• Enthusiastic, confident, and helpful nature.
The role reports to the AFC Wimbledon CEO operationally and to the Ladies Board and is offered on a full time basis.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you are interested in becoming part of the AFC Wimbledon team, your areas of expertise and how you could add value to the women’s game to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also include details of salary expectations for the role.
Closing date: Friday 17th September 2021