Stoke City Football Club of the English Football League is looking for an Assistant Coach for our Women’s First Team to support its operations at Clayton Wood Training Ground.
Reporting into our Women’s and Girls Performance Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the Women’s First Team Head Coach and Academy Coach with building a competitive Stoke City Women’s squad that competes in the FA WNL and has ambitions to gain promotion to the Barclays Women’s Championship.
You will be required to assist the Women’s First Team Head Coach in coaching the players, while also working in collaboration with the Women’s Multi-Disciplinary Team.
· Assisting in coaching the Stoke City Women’s First Team and ensuring outstanding performance in order to deliver a successful, winning team.
· Helping create a team identity where every player understands what is expected of them, maximising the opportunities on and off the field in building confidence, cohesion and positive spirit and energy.
· Working closely with the Women’s First Team Head Coach and Academy Coach when recruiting players and selecting squads, communicating selection and non-selection with the coaching team and players.
· Building close working relations with Stoke City Women’s staff and key stakeholders within the Club.
· Support planning training weeks and match days.
· Operating to best practice principles, ensuring successful campaigns.
· Contributing to the strategic direction of the Club and supporting the delivery of strategic milestones and goals.
· Attending media briefings and managing the media within the agreed boundaries, ensuring that the reputation of the Club is enhanced.
· Executing additional tasks as required by the Women’s and Girls Performance Director in order to meet Stoke City Women’s Team and Stoke City Football Club’s changing priorities.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
· UEFA B Licence.
· Working with elite players and coaches, with a track record of high performance.
· Strong understanding of the Women’s football pathway and leagues.
· Ability to build relationships with coaches and players.
· Inspirational coaching attributes.
· Expert knowledge of talent identification.
· Outstanding leadership and planning skills.
· Playing and/or coaching experience at the highest level in a leading club is desirable.
The ideal candidate will be available to work evenings and weekends to cover matchday fixtures and other adhoc events.
Positions will be offered on a casual and intermittent basis. All relevant training will be provided.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and DBS checks at the appropriate level will be obtained prior to employment commencing.
To apply, please complete and return the application form which can be obtained via our website https://www.stokecityfc.com/category/job-vacancies along with your CV and covering letter, to Human Resources, SCFC Jobs, PO Box 3573, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 9LL or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘WFTAC2401SCFCW’ in the subject line. Alternatively, telephone the Human Resources Department on 01782 592227 for an application form.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2024.
Stoke City Football Club endorses the principle of Equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the Club will be treated fairly and with respect, regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Club is committed to providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in without threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment, bullying and abuse. Any person associated with the Club can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected and in particular, that they are able to enjoy their engagement at the Club.