Purpose of the Role
In this role, the post holder will be the first point of contact for all visitors, staff, players, and contractors to the Training Ground and as such will be required to demonstrate a consistently friendly, welcoming, and positive attitude, and a professional appearance. The post holder will ensure that all visitors are greeted professionally and given clear direction and support during their visit, ensuring their time at the Training Ground is safe and enjoyable.
Internal: First Team Managers and Coaches
First Team Players
Academy Coaches and Staff
Club Chairman, CEO, and Directors
Training Ground Operations Team
Staff and managers throughout the Club and Foundation
Members of the Media
Key Performance Indicators
• High-quality customer service is evident at all times.
Role Specific Responsibilities
The post holder will:
• Open and close premises as required.
• Welcome visitors in a professional manner, directing as appropriate.
• Verify the identity of visitors and contractors to site and permit or decline access as appropriate.
• Inform members of staff when their visitor/s has/have arrived.
• Walk around the premises on a regular basis to show visibility and ensure any potential safety/security issues are addressed whilst providing any assistance to visitors if required.
• Answer incoming telephone calls in an efficient, appropriate, and timely manner, determining the purpose of the callers, and forwarding calls to the appropriate member of staff or department.
• Work with the Security Officers to ensure that the Visitor Centre is organised and presented to a clean, tidy, and professional standard at all times.
• Receive, communicate, and support in the distribution of deliveries/mail at the training complex.
• Maintain comprehensive awareness of the personnel and movement on site by regular surveillance of CCTV.
• Work with the Operations Manager, IT Manager, and others as applicable to ensure that CCTV Privacy Impact Assessments are in place and reviewed regularly as necessary.
• Be responsible for issuing any site keys and maintain associated records as required.
• Communicate effectively regarding any potential risks, observations, irregularities, or suspicious activity on site.
• Issue daily handover reports.
• Work on a shift basis as required to cover the operating hours of the site.
• Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as directed by the Operations Manager or any other Senior Manager/Director.