We are Wolves. Progressive, determined, bright, unified and humble. A pack that is hungry for success. Wolves is one of the fastest growing professional football clubs in the UK, and also boasts one of the richest histories in the beautiful game. Formed in 1877, Wolves was a founder member of the Football League, and was one of the country’s most successful sides in the fifties and sixties. During a two decade spell the Black Country’s most decorated side won three First Division titles and one of its four FA Cups.
Fast forward 70 years and Wolves are back amongst football’s elite, in the Premier League for a sixth successive season; but now we compete as a sports and entertainment business across multiple brand verticals. As a challenger club, Wolves dare to be different, which is why creating world class propositions in esports, fashion and music are all part of our ambitious plans.
At Wolves, we don’t simply look to the future, we seize it.
We take seriously our commitment to the safeguarding of children and adults at risk and to ensuring that Wolves is free from discrimination and harassment.
To work closely with the Academy’s Under 21s squad to provide an exceptional kit and equipment service. Based at the Club’s Training Ground, you will be extremely organised, with a keen eye for detail. You will be a flexible team player with good communication skills. A clean driving license and having the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally are essential.
• To oversee under 21s kit distribution. This will involve communicating with the age group coaching staff and preparing a suitable plan for this task to be completed efficiently.
• To work with the wider kit team to create strong systems and processes that can be implemented across all academy teams.
• Preparing, packing, and travelling to under 21s games and tournaments.
• To deal with academy management and staff’s needs, attending department meetings, where required, so the kit department have an input in to the day to day running of the training ground and its kit requirements.
• To assist with kit stock levels; this will include regular stock checks.
• To liaise with laundry to ensure all washing is collected and returned clean, folding and putting away of kit from training and matches. This is to be done to the high standard that the Club and Head of Kit & Equipment expects.
• Carry out other kit and equipment related tasks as deemed necessary by the Head of Kit & Academy Manager- Operations.
• Compliance with Club policies
• Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
• Compliance with the Club’s safeguarding policies
• To promote the Club’s values
• To work consistently to embed equality & diversity into the Club
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
• To maintain professional conduct at all times
• This role carries a specific safeguarding responsibility. This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people.
• Head of Kit & Equipment
• Kit Department
• Academy Managers (Operations and Football)
• Academy Operations Team
• Academy Coaches
• Academy Teams
Knowledge: the level and breadth of knowledge to do the job e.g. understanding of a defined system, method or procedure, legal or regulatory frameworks etc
• Proven organisational skills
• Experience of creating systems and processes that support smooth operations that can be applied to the kit department.
• Strong communication skills Desirable
• Previous inventory management experience
• Industry experience
• Project management experience
Technical/work-based skills: skills specific to the job e.g. language competence, typing skills, coaching skills etc
• Competent IT Skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) General skills and attributes: more general characteristics e.g. flexibility, communication skills, team working etc Essential
• Understanding of how to work safely with children and/or adults at risk and uphold generally accepted practice when working with those participants.
• Adhere to protocol and respect confidentiality in all matters
• Display high standards of behaviour and appearance and expect the same from others
• Accurate timekeeping skills
• Team Player
• Promote, adhere to and implement the club’s Equality Policy and to work consistently to embed equality and diversity within club
Experience: proven record of experience in a particular field, profession or specialism.
• Working with children and/or adults at risk
• Previous experience within a Football Club or sports-based environment
Qualifications: the level of educational, professional and/or occupational training required
• Post-holder must hold or obtain at the earliest opportunity the relevant safeguarding training (i.e. FA Safeguarding Children Workshop)
• Post-holder will be subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level and cleared by the Wolves Safeguarding Manager
• Post-holder will be subject to a Driving Licence check