U18s Goalkeeping Coach
Location: Staplewood Training Ground, Southampton
Hours: Full time
Core hours 0830-1700, flexible on start and finish times if required
Contract Type: Permanent
Criminal Record Check: DBS Enhanced with Child’s Barred List
To lead the planning, delivery and ongoing evaluation of the Under 18s goalkeeping programme including, but not limited to, age specific curriculum delivery, individual development plans, player assessment and interdisciplinary review and planning.
What will you be doing?
· Lead the coaching delivery of the Under 18s goalkeeping programme, in line with the Academy methodology and club-wide game model.
· Deliver and review the interdisciplinary individual development plan programmes for Under 18s goalkeepers, in line with club-wide Player Profiles.
· Support and contribute to the Under 18s review and interdisciplinary meeting process.
· Ensure that all PMA tasks are completed for the Under 18s goalkeepers.
· Provide detailed reports and regularly update records on Under 18s goalkeepers individual and team progress, as requested by the Head of Academy Goalkeeping and Head of Academy Coaching.
· Lead an effective review and feedback programme with players and families to monitor and support player progress and development.
· Build positive relationships through regular and clear communication with parents and other key stakeholders.
· Lead on the care and support of the well-being of Under 18s goalkeepers in collaboration with the Player Care department.
· Regularly attend Academy games at other age groups.
· Support and, where required, lead the delivery of the Under 9-16s goalkeeping programme.
· Assist cross departmental projects which aim to improve the way data and video is used as a feedback mechanism with the staff and players.
· Support the Head of Academy Goalkeeping with our in-house staff, player and parent education initiatives.
· Sharing of relevant video, data and other resources with staff, players, parents using various Southampton FC Academy platforms.
· Carry out any other reasonable management requests.
Is this you?
Essential Skills and Experience:
· UEFA A Licence.
· FA Goalkeeping A Licence.
· Minimum three years goalkeeping coaching experience within Academy or International Youth coaching environment at relevant age groups.
· Experience of performance analysis or another discipline within an Academy setting at relevant age groups.
· Depth and quality of experience within individual goalkeeper development in coaching setting.
· Ability to demonstrate a strong level of technical and tactical football knowledge and game understanding.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Track record in developing elite talent.
How this benefits you…
If you are successful, you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
Access to our staff Health & Wellbeing initiatives (Mental & Physical Health).
Flexi-time and Remote working option’s available.
Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
26 days’ holiday per year excluding bank holidays plus your birthday off each year.
Contributory Pension Scheme.
Worldwide Travel Insurance for you and your family.
Learning & Development opportunities - supporting you to develop your potential and achieve in your career.
Free onsite parking.
Cycle to Work Scheme.
Collaborative & inclusive working culture.
How can I apply?
Very easy. Just click on the apply button below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 31st August 2023.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*