● Responsible for the implementation and delivery of the player development programme. Developing individuals technically, tactically, physically and psycho-socially at Stockport County Football Education Programme. Leading the U18 and U17 teams in the respective Games Programme’s and managing the transition of players into men’s football.
● Academy Manager
● Head of Football
● Lead coach
● FE Players and Parent/Guardians
● FE physio
● Education and Welfare Manager
● Club administration
● Club and external media
● Ground Staff
● FE tutors
● Facility management staff
● Plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions in line with the club’s footballing and coaching philosophy.
● Implement the club’s training programme, and all associated factors (eg equipment, logistics) for Football Education (FE) players in association with the FE management and staff
● Plan, deliver and evaluate the pre-season fixture programme for all FE teams.
● Assess the performance of FE players, setting realistic performance targets and developing specific individual development plans.
● Construct and deliver detailed individual player progress reviews with players and any other relevant coaching staff.
● Manage appropriate playing opportunities for all eligible players.
● Support the management, coaching, motivation and development of the FE squad’s – enabling the teams and individuals to achieve maximum potential.
● Ensure cohesion, conflict resolution and support management of individual players and as a group, to try and ensure retention rates.
● Set, monitor and develop high quality professional standard and team ethic for the players.
● Work together with our education provider to make sure all FE players are meeting set criteria agreed by the club and college
● Maintain honesty and integrity at all times when working with all young players and staff at the Club.
● Communicate and promote the Football and Education culture therefore creating a positive environment for the development of young players and people.
● Compliance with Club policies
● Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
● Compliance with the Club’s safeguarding policies
● Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
● Maintain professional conduct at all times
● Able to identify, develop and support football talent.
● An understanding and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
● Ability to solve tactical problems within a competitive and fast-moving environment.
● A clear sense of purpose to drive actions and inspire innovations amongst staff.
● Set and maintain a high standard of work performance, delivering quality consistently and effectively.
● Plan around fixed deadlines, display excellent problem-solving skills, initiative & sensitivity.
● Possess communication skills that are clear, engaging and responsive to the target audience.
● Develop networks, create and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
● Have facilitation skills, including the ability to manage and resolve tensions, disputes and conflicts.
● Demonstrate a strong knowledge of football tactics, player fitness and development.
● Strong IT skills with the ability to use e-mail, Excel, Word and PMA to a high standard
● Skilled at transitioning Football Education players into mens football
Knowledge & Qualifications required
● Professional qualification - UEFA C Licence required (UEFA B Licence desired) or higher.
● Fully licensed FA Coach committed to annual CPD to maintain licence.
● Strong knowledge of football at relevant levels in terms of tactics, fitness and player development
● An understanding of a range of teaching / learning styles to optimise the development of young players and of learning overtime rather than band aid coaching.
● An understanding of optimal playing environments to develop young players for mens football.
● An understanding of the holistic approach to developing well rounded players and young adults.
● Coaching and/or Management of Players and Staff within the college sector
● Highly self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
● Enthusiasm and willingness to be flexible in approach to achieve targets and successful outcomes
● High work commitment
● Adaptable and curious
DBS check required
The document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Equality and Diversity
Stockport County FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Stockport County FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email.