U13s Assistant Coach
Location: Staplewood Training Ground, Southampton
Hours: Part time
Core hours: Weekdays and weekends, flexible on start and finish times if required
Contract Type: Permanent
Criminal Record Check: DBS Enhanced with Child’s Barred List
What is the role?
To support the planning, delivery and ongoing evaluation of the Under 13s coaching programme including, but not limited to, age specific curriculum delivery, individual development plans, player assessment and interdisciplinary review and planning.
What will you be doing?
· Support and lead the coaching delivery of the Under 13s programme, in line with the Academy methodology and club-wide game model.
· Support and review the interdisciplinary individual development plan programmes for Under 13 players, in line with club-wide Player Profiles.
· Support and contribute to the Under 13s review and interdisciplinary meeting process.
· Ensure that all PMA tasks are completed for the Under 13 age group.
· Provide detailed reports and regularly update records on Under 13 individual and team progress, as requested by the Head of Academy Coaching and Academy Leadership Team.
· Support an effective review and feedback programme with players and families to monitor and support player progress and development.
· Build positive relationships through regular and clear communication with parents and other key stakeholders.
· Support on the care and support of the well-being of Under 13 players in collaboration with the Player Care department.
· Regularly attend Academy games at Under 14s, Under 16s, Under 18s and Under 21s.
· Assist cross departmental projects which aim to improve the way data and video is used as a feedback mechanism with the staff and players.
· Support the Head of Coaching with our in-house staff, player and parent education initiatives.
· Sharing of relevant video, data and other resources with staff, players, parents using various Southampton FC Academy platforms.
· Carry out any other reasonable management requests.
Is this you?
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
· UEFA A Licence.
· FA Advanced Youth Award.
· Undergraduate degree in sports coaching, sports science, performance analysis, or related subject (desirable).
· Minimum three years coaching experience within Academy or International Youth coaching environment at relevant age groups.
· Experience of performance analysis or another discipline within an Academy setting at relevant age groups.
· Depth and quality of experience within individual player development in coaching setting.
· Ability to demonstrate a strong level of technical and tactical football knowledge and game understanding.
· Experience in leading and developing a phase and/or team of staff in Academy environment.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Track record in developing elite talent.
· Eligible to work in the UK. Please do not apply if you require a visa.
How this benefits you…
If you are successful, you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
Access to our staff Health & Wellbeing initiatives (Mental & Physical Health).
Flexi-time and Remote working option’s available.
Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
25 days’ holiday per year excluding bank holidays plus your birthday off each year.
Contributory Pension Scheme.
Worldwide Travel Insurance for you and your family.
Learning & Development opportunities - supporting you to develop your potential and achieve in your career.
Free onsite parking.
Cycle to Work Scheme.
Collaborative & inclusive working culture.
How can I apply?
Very easy. Just click on the apply button below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 31st August 2023.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*