U11’s Head Coach
Location: Staplewood Training Ground, Southampton
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Criminal Record Check: DBS Enhanced with Child’s Barred List
What is the role?
We have an exciting new opportunity for a U11’s Head Coach to join our academy. The purpose of this role is to lead and manage the planning, delivery, and ongoing evaluation of the Under 11s coaching programme including, but not limited to, age specific curriculum delivery, individual development plans, player assessment and interdisciplinary review and planning.
What will you be doing?
· Lead the coaching delivery of the Under 11s programme, in line with the Academy methodology and club-wide game models.
· Deliver and review the interdisciplinary individual development plan programmes for Under 11 players, in line with club-wide Player Profiles.
· Lead the Under 11s review and interdisciplinary meeting process.
· Ensure that all PMA tasks are completed for the Under 11 age group.
· Provide detailed reports and regularly update records on Under 11 individual and team progress, as requested by the Head of Academy Coaching and Academy Leadership Team.
· Lead an effective review and feedback programme with players and families to monitor and support player progress and development.
· Build positive relationships through regular and clear communication with parents and other key stakeholders.
· Lead on the care and support of the well-being of Under 11 players in collaboration with the Player Care department.
· Regularly attend Academy games at Under 10s, Under 12s, Under 13s and Under 21s.
· Assist cross departmental projects which aim to improve the way data and video is used as a feedback mechanism with the staff and players.
· Support the Head of Coaching with our in-house staff, player and parent education initiatives.
· Sharing of relevant video, data and other resources with staff, players, parents using various Southampton FC Academy platforms.
Is this you?
· UEFA A Licence.
· FA Advanced Youth Award.
· Undergraduate degree in sports coaching, sports science, performance analysis, or related subject (desirable).
· Minimum three years coaching experience within Academy or International Youth coaching environment at relevant age groups.
· Experience of performance analysis or another discipline within an Academy setting at relevant age groups.
· Depth and quality of experience within individual player development in coaching setting.
· Ability to demonstrate a strong level of technical and tactical football knowledge and game understanding.
· Experience in leading and developing a phase and/or team of staff in Academy environment.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Track record in developing elite talent.
· Eligible to work in the UK. Please do not apply if you require a visa.
How this benefits you…
If you are successful, you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
Access to our staff Health & Wellbeing initiatives (Mental & Physical Health).
Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
25 days’ holiday per year excluding bank holidays plus your birthday off each year.
Contributory Pension Scheme.
Worldwide Travel Insurance for you and your family.
Learning & Development opportunities - supporting you to develop your potential and achieve in your career.
Free onsite parking.
Cycle to Work Scheme.
Collaborative & inclusive working culture.
How can I apply?
Very easy. Just click on the apply button below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 19th September 2023.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*