Opening Date:15 Dec 2023
Full Time / Part Time:Full Time
Closing Date of Applications –12/01/2023
Established in 2013, City Football Group is the world leading private owner and operator of football clubs, with total or partial ownership of thirteen clubs across the world.City Football Group also invests in other football related businesses and serves as a global commercial platform for our partners, whilst fulfilling our purpose of empowering better lives through football on a local and global scale,consistent with what “City” football has meant to people for over a century.
Our Winning Team
Our purpose is to empower better lives through football. We are proud of the role City Football Group clubs play in their localities, delivering positive economic, social and environmental impact through our operations and through programmes and activities that bring about meaningful, lasting change.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Technical Delivery Manager to join our team in the Fan Technology Solutions area at GIRONA FC. In this role you will be responsible for the planning, executing, and delivering of initiatives, projects, or programs on time, within scope, and within budget.
In order to enhance synergies with City Football Group, the role will be based in Manchester, UK, working as an integrated part of CFG Fan Technology Solutions team who will provide guidance on technology strategy, architecture and development.Priorities will be set by the Digital Business Transformation Director of Girona FC.
The role will require frequent travel to Girona, with stays of up to two weeks at a time during critical phases of projects. Strong verbal and written skills in both English and Spanish are a key requirement.
This is Your City
As part of our team, you will be entitled to 26 days annual leave plus an additional day off for your birthday, private healthcare and dental cover, an annual discretionary bonus, plus a range of partnership and lifestyle discounts.
Plan, execute, and manage projects from initiation to closure, ensuring that they are delivered in a timely fashion, within the scope and within budget.
Develop project plans, schedules and track progress against them.
Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
Identify and manage project risks and issues, and develop contingency plans as needed
Manage project teams, including assigning tasks, monitoring progress, and providing guidance and support.
Communicate project status, issues, and risks to stakeholders and senior management
Ensure that project deliverables meet quality standards and are delivered on time and within budget.
Conduct post-project evaluations to identify areas for improvement and incorporate lessons learned into future projects.
What we are looking for
Experience in project management, with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects on time, within scope, and within budget.
Experience in digital business transformation, product launching, and/or project management in the sports/football industry is preferred.
Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills.
Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Experience in project management methodologies such as Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, or hybrid approaches.
Knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA, Slack, Asana, or Trello.
Software quality assurance experience: Collaborate with both external and internal software development teams to encompass the entire software development lifecycle.
Ensure that the processes are thoroughly tested to guarantee the delivery of products with superior quality and reliability.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Availability to travel to Girona when needed.
The position requires a unique combination of skills to manage complex projects, drive innovation, and achieve business objectives using digital technologies and data analytics. Some of the most important skills for this position are:
1. Project management skills: Contrasted experience in project management, including planning, executing, and delivering projects on time, within scope, and within budget.
2. Data-driven digital business transformation experience: The candidate should have experience in data-driven digital business transformation, including the implementation of digital solutions to optimize processes, improve fan engagement, and enhance the overall fan experience.
3. Organizational and time management skills: The candidate should have strong time management skills and be able to manage project teams efficiently and be able to assign tasks, monitor progress, and provide guidance and support to both internal and external team members.
4. Communication skills: The candidate should have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and Spanish, and be able to communicate project status, issues, and risks to stakeholders and senior management.
5. Stakeholder management skills: The candidate should have strong stakeholder management skills, including the ability to collaborate with stakeholders to define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals.
6. Data analytics skills: The candidate should have a good understanding of data analytics and be able to use data to support decision-making and measure the success of digital business transformation initiatives.
7. Technology proficiency: The candidate should have proficiency in project management tools such as JIRA, Asana or similar, as well as other digital technologies that are relevant to the football industry, such as APIs, CRMs, Marketing Automation platforms, CMSs, Single Sign On technologies, e-Commerce platforms, mobile apps, and online data platforms.
9. Knowledge of the football industry is a plus: The candidate should have a good understanding of the industry, including its trends, challenges, and opportunities.
City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview.
Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Due to our safeguarding promise, all UK based CFG roles will be subject to a DBS check upon commencing employment with us. This will be either a basic, standard or enhanced check depending on the job role and responsibilities.
Job Segment:Project Manager, Quality Assurance, Technology