Job Title – Team & Player Operations Coordinator – Women’s Team
Location – Cobham and Kingsmeadow
Permanent / Full time
Hours – 40 hours per week (6 of 7 days)
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
Chelsea FC are on the lookout for a Team & Player Operations Coordinator to join us on a permanent basis. This role would be perfect for someone who has experience within organising, scheduling, supporting a professional sporting teams logistics, administration and player care.
Brief description and duties:
- Create and maintain/update a database for storing personal information for the first team players; management of team works application including ensuring that daily, weekly, monthly schedules for team and RTC are up to date.
- Book all aspects of team travel including flights, coaches and hotels when appropriate, including organising transport for WSLA away fixtures.
- Create specific itineraries working with CFCW coaching staff relating to match day (Home/Away);
- Keep a comprehensive record of all travel and associated costs for each away trip;
- Provide support to the general manager, first team manager, first team players,
- Operations Team and Head of RTC and WSLA as required.
- Attendance at home games required to support the team
- Travel to support all away games & Pre-Season tours with the first team if required.
- Liaise with opposing teams in the confirmation of fixtures and organisation of meeting
points, general match day logistics as well as any other items required; (for both first team and RTC)
- Liaise with staff at Kingsmeadow/Hub 2 on fixture clashes, general operations, timings, match day operations.
- Liaise with FA & UEFA on fixtures, player appearances, all regulations; (for both first team and RTC)
- Liaise with Match Official(s) on the confirmation of appointments and organisation of meeting points as well as any other items required.
- Raise PO’s, liaise with suppliers and process invoices in a timely manner.
- Collate any expense claims and liaise with Finance to ensure they are processed in a timely manner
- Collate and respond to any mail, Teamwork’s message received, liaising with other departments as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate and distribute all player/staff ticket requests including for men’s games.
- Ensuring the RTC/WSLA adheres to the Club/FA policies, procedures and regulations for safeguarding children, Chelsea FC Training Ground Code of conduct, Health and Safety and Equality
- Complete and administer all payroll procedure for RTC /WSLA staff.
- Give input into staff evaluations and reviews for Head of RTC and WSLA if required.
- Support with the welfare of all players and staff within the first team and RTC.
- Supporting the submission of an annual business plan and twice-yearly financial monitoring reports to the FA, for the RTC.
- To take a lead on all administrative duties that relate to the academy during the off season (trial processes/registration forms/staff inductions/player inductions).
- To attend regular meetings with the FA and report back on all items related to the RTC and Academy.
- To setup and/or attend and/or minute weekly meetings (staff, players, facilities, …) and report back to GM.
- To support the relationship of our DiSE programme, with Loughborough college, and implement a structure of delivery to fall in line with the schedule.
- To undertake a progressive and ongoing professional development process attending and participating in in-house CPD sessions (when possible) and external sessions (if relevant), keep a regular CPD file, and ensure up to date with performance advances and research in their field.
- Assisting with relocation requirements for new players including trialists, in terms of hotel bookings, travel arrangements, housing, schooling, banking arrangements, setting up NI numbers, showing them around the local area and helping them to settle.
- Co-ordinate payroll set up, ICT set up, HR set up, training kit package, club introduction as appropriate and staff induction.
- Assisting with housing issues, arranging viewing, negotiation of rental contracts, assisting with mortgage requirements and paperwork, co-ordinating meeting with financial parties.
- Assisting with managing all aspects of their personal life such as utility bills, mortgage payments, travel documents, banking etc.
- Arrange vehicle hire or purchases when required.
- Arranging English lessons for non-English speaking players/staff.
- Assist the Media, Marketing and Commercial department with all player appearance requests, making sure that players understand what is required of them, where they need to be and what they need to be doing if required.
- Co-ordinate player merchandise signing sessions as required.
- Safeguarding lead for the first team or RTC/WSLA.
Must Haves/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate.
- First aid certificate.
- CFCF PL enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Planning and organisational skills essential
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with strong administrative skills
- An understanding of day-to-day football administration including a good knowledge of the rules and regulations of the league and other competitions.
- Financial and budgetary administration including expense and invoicing/Purchase Order processing.
- Possess excellent IT skills working with Excel, Word, Powerpoint and other software (eg. Teamworks) applications.
- The candidate must also be comfortable working both individually as well as making positive contributions within a team environment.
- Ability to manage and maintain the women’s department IT server.
- A flexible approach and the ability to travel is required for this role.
- Ability to work in a team environment and supporting a one team goal
- Management and control of budgets.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail with excellent administrative skills
Nice to have:
- Valid UK Driving licence and own transport.
- Live within commuting distance of Cobham.
- BFAS certificate.
- FA Equality workshop certificate.
- Knowledge of women’s football and the talent pathway for girls.
- Knowledge of FA Full Time, MOAS, Whole Game, FAME and Teamworks.
What We Offer:
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday