JOB TITLE: Sussex Coach
REPORTING TO: Schools Officer
JOB FUNCTION: To deliver, support and oversee high quality sports provision across the county of Sussex.
LOCATION: Crawley or Lancing, West Sussex
CONTRACT: 35 hours per week, Fixed Terms 11 months
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
• To deliver, support and lead in the development of a Sussex wide sports development programme.
• To support and lead on the effective planning and delivery of a schools activity programme across Sussex.
• To support and oversee the effective planning required for all soccer schools delivered in Sussex.
• To actively seek sporting opportunities across Sussex, to further enhance the delivery programme
• Promote equal opportunities
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
• To be a positive role model, creating a safe, positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage young people to succeed and develop.
• To support, mentor and guide sessional workers in best practice and professionalism.
• Positive feedback from schools, groups, organisations, participants & parents.
• Achieving set budgetary targets for each activity, sustainability of the business.
• 1st 4 Sport Level 2 FA coaching award.
• In date FA Safeguarding children & first aid certificate.
• Five GCSE’s including maths and English.
• Clean driving licence.
• 1st 4 Sport Level 3 coaching award.
• Other sports qualifications.
• A Levels, degrees and/or masters.
• Worked as part of a team.
• An understanding of working to a budget.
• An understanding of community sport.
• Working within the education sector
• Knowledge of the ‘every child matters’ framework.
• Previous experience of managing a project or team.
• Knowledge of school sports programmes and requirements.
• Knowledge of government agendas and funding streams.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC Foundation policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.