JOB TITLE: Social Media Manager (Perfect Play)
REPORTING TO: Product Marketing Lead (Perfect Play)
JOB FUNCTION: The Social Media Manager will be responsible for the management and performance of content created for the Perfect Play channels & the Perfect Play brand on CFC club social platforms. The candidate will assume responsibility for content, marketing and its effectiveness on growing a youth audience around football training content
LOCATION: Stamford Bridge, London
CONTRACT: Fixed Term Contract - 1 Year
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
• Execution of the Content Strategy for Perfect Play, on both Perfect Play and club channels, managing day to day publishing on Perfect Play channels
• Development of a large and highly engaged youth audience on the platforms you manage
• Work in both a planned and reactive style, against a content schedule carried across multiple platforms and also through taking opportunity of reactive content from the training ground
• Identify social media trends and move quickly to implement opportunities
• Maximise content opportunities across channels using appropriate software to produce video/imagery that is optimised for specific platforms, and ensures correct branding is applied to social media content
• Work with Club production teams to integrate the Perfect Play brand and content organically into club platforms, proactively identifying opportunity for brand integration
• Manage a content roadmap making recommendations for new content strands, features and optimisations. Define and communicate plans for regular content streams across club and Perfect Play channels
• Analyse and report on performance across all social media channels, using findings to inform future direction of content and campaigns
• Support the Product Marketing Lead in the definition and progression of the product strategy
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
• Social community growth and engagement
• Proactivity of approach including ideation and iteration of content
• Demonstrate experience of designing and implementing successful growth and engagement strategies for social media channels
• Minimum three years relevant social media experience, preferably working for a global brand
• Experience with TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat & YouTube
• A natural storyteller with exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as editorial judgement
• A keen interest in cultural trends and an eye for what’s coming next
• Familiarity with social analytics, monitoring and publishing software
• Experience using video editing software
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.