Salary: Competitive Hours: Full-time Contract Type: Permanent Closing Date: 24th June 2021 Location: London Stadium, Stratford, with travel to Training Grounds, Romford.
West Ham United has built a social media following of over 8 million worldwide and is looking to take that to the next level and we are looking for a creative, data driven and collaborative social expert with a passion for leading a team and managing creative content and storytelling.
As Social Media Lead, you will be responsible for the daily leadership of the department, managing the planning, execution and analysis of our Social Media channels, identifying areas for growth at home and abroad. You will work closely with other areas of the business and the social networks themselves to drive constant improvement and growth.
• Oversee and ensure the success and growth of West Ham United’s social media across all social platforms and accounts associated with the Men’s and Women’s teams including YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and more
• Develop data-driven channel strategies to grow the Club’s social media footprint in line with overarching Marketing, Communications and Club objectives
• Set measurable KPIs that measure the effectiveness of social media strategy and regularly report on performance of channels, content formats, content types and more
• Develop & maintain the West Ham tone-of-voice and personality across all social platforms, engaging with our fans to encourage platform growth
• Line manage and provide constructive leadership for team of full-time employees and network of agencies and freelancers across the world
• Lead department meetings, delegating tasks, setting deadlines, managing workflow and providing support and development
• Provide recommendations based in analytics to the business in order to deliver key business objectives including fan growth, engagement and revenue
• Collaborate with key areas of the business on both performance and revenue driving sides, providing high quality support for the Club and its partners
• Liaise with the Premier League and social platforms to ensure the Club is operating at a best-inclass level
• Help identify new opportunities to maximise our social media footprint and grow our fanbase
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age. 2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications, Experience
• Motivated self-starter with 5+ years’ experience managing Social Media channels (E)
• Detailed knowledge of social media analytics and significant experience using data to drive decision making (E)
• Experience using tools such as Falcon, Fanpage Karma, CrowdTangle and platforms’ own analytics platforms (E)
• Experience working with high profile individuals (D)
• Video production experience & proficiency in shooting, editing and motion graphics (D)
• Previous sports experience (D)
• A passion for social media and extensive knowledge of platforms, trends and the tools to develop and execute a successful social media strategy (E)
• Storyteller with proven ability to distribute engaging content, ideally across both domestic and international markets (E)
• Outstanding leadership and motivational skills and a proven ability to lead by example (E)
• Strong organisational, time management and critical thinking skills
• Process driven with strong attention to detail
• Adaptable with the ability to change quickly and juggle multiple projects
• Additional languages (D)
Application Deadline: Thursday 24th June 2021