There has never been a more exciting time to work at Wolves. The Club is in the process of developing practices, strategies and teams to deliver success at the very highest level.
The Senior Scout will focus on players from 15-first team covering games, fixtures and tournaments on a regional and national basis.
You will be responsible for the identification and recruitment of players that are of the required standard to progress within the Development Programme of Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. Academy and Senior squads.
You will be expected to carry out your duties in line with the scout’s code of conduct and the rules and regulations of the Premier League/ Football Association.
• Gain a detailed understanding of the Academy player profiles and age group succession plans to highlight recruitment priorities across the 15-19 age groups.
• Identify players to Wolves Academy based on recruitment priorities.
• Weekly Communication with the Regional Coordinator within your region.
• Communicate effectively with the Regional Coordinator and Head of UK Academy Recruitment 15-19 about all prospective trialists and key players.
• Cover first team fixtures and complete reports for Chief Scouts.
• Proactively seek out fixtures to attend.
• Attend games in the region based on recruitment priorities.
• Ensure all reports are uploaded to relevant software.
• Maintain a database of player details at all required levels.
• Build contacts with staff at clubs in your region to ensure you are notified of their key players and to ensure clubs are aware of players who are being released from Wolves.
• To ensure that all qualifications are re-validated as required.
• Submit expenses/mileage, along with all relevant receipts, one week before the payroll cut-off date each month.
• Attendance of all internal and external personal development training required by WWFC, Premier League and Football Association.
• Be an ambassador of the W.O.L.V.E.S culture and philosophy.
• Compliance with club policies
• Compliance with the club’s health and safety procedures
• Compliance with the club’s safeguarding policies
• To promote the club’s values
• To work consistently to embed equality & diversity into the club
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
• To maintain professional conduct at all times
• Regional Coordinator
• Head of Academy Recruitment
• Chief Scout
• This role involves working in close proximity to children and/or adults at risk. This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people.
Knowledge: the level and breadth of knowledge to do the job e.g. understanding of a defined system, method or procedure, legal or regulatory frameworks etc
• Understanding of Academies EPPP system • Knowledge of teams and players within the area
Technical/work-based skills: skills specific to the job e.g. language competence, typing skills, coaching skills etc
• Excellent Communicate skills – written and verbal
• High level I.T. and presentation skills, in building and delivering relevant information
General skills and attributes: more general characteristics e.g. flexibility, communication skills, team working etc
• Understanding of how to work safely with children and/or adults at risk and uphold generally accepted practice when working with those participants.
• Promote, adhere to and implement the Club’s Equality Policy and to work consistently to embed equality and diversity within Club
• Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
• Organised, methodical and logical approach to work
• Values and respects others, able to build relationships and collaborates with others
• Effective planning and time management skills
• Delivers to the highest standard
• Flexible approach to meet the demands of the business
Experience: proven record of experience in a particular field, profession or specialism.
• Proven track record for at least 3 years as an experienced scout
Qualifications: the level of educational, professional and/or occupational training required
• FA Talent ID Level 1 & 2
• Post-holder will be subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level and cleared by the Wolves Head of Safeguarding
Closing Date - Sunday 26th September, 5pm