Job Description –Senior Operations Manager
Supporting the Head of Operations with planning, monitoring and coordination with each Operations` related functional areas, including but not limited to Safety and Security, Accreditation & Access Control, Ticketing, Housekeeping and Sanitization.
Primary Function will be to make a well established and extensive planning for housekeeping and general sanitization or the tournament for all the stadiums and training sites.
Ensuring tender process is followed in selecting the housekeeping agency on board for the execution of housekeeping scope of work for the tournament.
Ensuring strict budgets are followed.
Tracking all Operations requirements, deliverables and objectives and guiding/supporting functional area managers in the implementation of the same;
Gathering information on existing laws or regulations that may have a direct impact on the delivery of the final tournament;
Preparation of reports, presentations and documents for different stakeholders, primarily FIFA;
Review and update of all operational planning and policies against local conditions
Act as a cluster in-charge for the operations area coordinating closely with all the venues/functional areas requesting for information, raising concerns/red flags and resolving any major/minor issues as per tournament policies;
On-ground support to the operations venue team during the tournament phase wherever necessary;
Support in the preparation of templates/coordination documents for the operations venue teams including match readiness checklists for match day – 2, match day – 1 and game day.
Support the operations team with any accounting procedural requirements or with the resolution of any finance related items with the AIFF Finance division that may potentially impact delivery;
Monitor systems of budget control across all the operations functional areas and supervise the compliance of the same by all Operations Functional Area Managers;
Support other Departments, if required, in the planning and execution of all other closely linked functional areas – in particular marketing/ticketing, accreditation, transportation/logistics and overlays;
Prepare a final report compiling input from all Operations Functional Areas and ancillary events of the Tournament;
Support in the recruitment, training and guidance for staff across the Operations function areas in each of the Venues;
Develop the work in a manner consistent with the values of the organization;
Any other functions that may be required by the LOC Leadership from time to time
• Professional with 5+ years’ experience in the execution of international sports events, particularly, in India;
• High level of experience with operations for sports leagues in India including experience of working across all tournament functions including security, access control and accreditation, spectator services, overlays/services, marketing/sponsorship, ticketing, branding, hospitality, match operations, transportation, logistics, medical, event insurance, etc;
• Deep knowledge of general competition regulations, legal requirements, event policies/practices across sports that must be factored into tournament operations and any other ancillary events;
• Experience of managing/leading teams with a calm temperament and a keen attention to detail;
• Capacity to elaborate reports for the LOC Leadership;
• Preference shall be given to candidates who have worked previously in the operations department for various sports league/tournaments in India and the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017.
• Strong contacts within the sports industry, government, agencies are an added advantage;
• Knowledge of security structures and regulations in India is an added advantage;
• Knowledge of procurement planning for overlays and services in India is an added advantage;
• Advance level in Microsoft Office Platforms, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint are mandatory;
• Strong organizational and analytical capability.
• Proven capability to work under pressure in a team environment.
This job description works as a reference of the responsibilities involved in this
position. It is expected that the employee will execute other reasonable tasks asked
by the Head of Department or the Project Directors. Roles and responsibilities listed
above are accordingly subject to change.
Application Deadline :May 27, 2022