Key Performance Indicators
• Continued and sustainable growth of the Foundation’s Health and Wellbeing programmes, identifying areas for expansion and ensuring each programme exceeds its yearly key performance indicators.
• Effective and efficient management of allocated budgets. Evidence of maximising income generation of unrestricted funding through the programmes and wider opportunities.
• Identify, create, and manage strong relationships with a range of organisations and groups to ensure the ongoing success of all our programmes and demonstration of the impact of the outcomes.
• Evidence of successfully achieving KPIs set by funders in relation to all ‘Health and Healthy Behaviour’ programmes.
• Develop and implement a quality assurance framework for Health and Wellbeing programme delivery that would evidence sessions are well-planned and executed, with supporting evidence from participants and partners.
Role Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The post holder will:
• Be responsible for developing the vision for all Health and Wellbeing programmes, ensuring they complement and contribute to the overarching strategic direction of the Huddersfield Town Foundation.
• Support the Senior Leadership Team, the COO, and the CEO in creating and maintaining strategic partnerships with key organisations in Kirklees, to assist and further develop the Foundation’s Health and Wellbeing provision.
• Lead on Health and Wellbeing steering groups as well as represent the Huddersfield Town Foundation at local, regional, and national strategic meetings.
• Take responsibility for the day-to-day management of programmes, liaising with partners throughout the lifetime of projects/initiatives (attending meetings etc.).
• Plan, deliver, and manage programmes, initiatives, and events to the highest possible standards and ensure they contribute to raising the profile of the Huddersfield Town Foundation.
• Support and implement the quality assurance framework for staff delivering on the programme(s).
• Maximise participant recruitment, retention, and success by providing an outstanding experience that enables learners to maximise their potential and collecting data to evidence successful outcomes.
• Ensure all activities are correctly monitored with the appropriate risk assessments, safeguarding, and health and safety procedures.
• Directly line manage the Health Manager, undertaking objective setting, regular one-to-ones, and performance reviews.
• Support and oversee delivery staff, sessional workers, and volunteers delivering on the Foundation’s Health and Wellbeing programmes.
• Support and mentor colleagues in line with health and wellbeing programmes (internal CPD).
• Support (and lead) on recruitment of staff to support the delivery of initiatives.
Funding and Finance
• Monitor finances (including income and expenditure) for all health and wellbeing related programmes and projects, liaising with the Finance department as required.
• Support the Foundation CEO and COO to develop annual budgets in line with the Huddersfield Town Foundation’s strategic requirements.
• Work with key stakeholders to identify funding and income to deliver further Health and Wellbeing programmes and opportunities.
Marketing and Promotion
• Work with relevant staff and external agencies to produce bespoke project resources as well as high-quality marketing and promotional materials (e.g., to support specific campaigns).
• Utilise social media and technology to communicate with participants and promote the programmes (where appropriate), also liaising with the Media Manager.
• Work in partnership with Locala, the Integrated Care System, Kirklees Council Public Health, Sporting Memories, education providers, parents/carers, programme participants, and any other stakeholders and maintain positive relationships with them.
• Attend and complete relevant training to develop knowledge and skills.
• Complete all internal and external monitoring reports in accordance with given deadlines.
• Monitor and evaluate the progress outcomes and impact of all youth engagement programmes.
• Ensure that the Health and Wellbeing department becomes self-sustaining in the medium to long-term.
• Ensure all sessions are fully inclusive as evidenced by the diversity of the cohorts engaged within Foundation programmes.
Measuring Impact (Monitoring and Evaluation)
• Make use of the Substance VIEWS/Salesforce online monitoring and evaluation system.
• Capture the social impact and value of programmes/events using outcomes-based evidence and a variety of methods such as reports, case studies, questionnaires, testimonies, media articles, feedback surveys etc.
• Work in partnership with Locala, the Integrated Care System, Kirklees Council Public Health, Sporting Memories, education providers, parents/carers, programme participants, and other stakeholders, and ensure our health offer remains relevant.
• Work closely with the Foundation CEO and key strategic partners to ensure that funding is in place to deliver a range of health-based programmes.
• Plan and ensure the Foundation delivers high quality interventions across the full range of Health Initiatives projects.
• Be accountable for supporting and implementing quality assurance processes across the Foundation.
• Oversee the development and execution of the Foundation’s strategy for the health and wellbeing agenda, including delivery of a portfolio of existing health-related projects, and identifying new project ideas and opportunities.
• Work with partners, key stakeholders, and external agencies (public, private, and voluntary sector) at a senior level to implement new health and wellbeing initiatives that meet the Foundation’s strategic objectives, as well as supporting local health and wellbeing priorities.
• Sit on relevant external strategic groups and ensure that the Foundation is represented within local, regional, and national networking, partnerships, and strategic events within the health and wellbeing sector.
• Use appropriate internal and external resources (e.g., strategic documents, government papers, etc.) to gather evidence that helps shape targeted delivery in the future.
• Be responsible for the overall management of programmes, liaising with partners throughout the lifetime of projects/initiatives (attending meetings, etc.) to ensure collective aims and outcomes are achieved.
• Be accountable for quality assurance processes including the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of health and wellbeing projects for funders/key stakeholders, also ensuring that the Foundation’s obligations detailed in service level agreements/contracts are met.
• Set appropriate budgets (with relevant staff) and oversee, manage, and monitor these, to ensure the targets are achieved and that programmes are financially sound.
• Identify and submit relevant grants, funding applications, and tenders/bids for commissioned work.
• Capture the social impact and value of programmes/events using outcomes-based evidence and a variety of methods such as reports, case studies, testimonies, media articles, feedback surveys, etc., and ensure your direct reports also use appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems.
• Work with the Senior Leadership Team to develop health and wellbeing interventions for staff throughout the organisation.
• Demonstrate commitment to Safeguarding by adhering to relevant policies, procedures and values relating to safeguarding children and adults at risk.
• Support and reinforce the Club’s commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion, also contributing to the work relating to the Premier League Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Standard and the EFL Equality Code of Practice as required.
• Fulfil any other reasonable duties and responsibilities at the request of the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer, and/or any other Senior Manager/Director within the Club or Foundation.