Are you passionate about working with young people and making a difference to their lives?
We are looking for a dynamic and committed individual to lead on this exciting new opportunity!
Stoke City Community Trust is an independent and registered charity. Our mission is to improve the lives of children and young people through sport, physical activity, health, and education.
The successful applicant will be responsible for building relationships and working collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to provide support for young people not currently engaged with education, employment or training.
· Engaging and supporting young people between the ages of 16 and 24 within Stoke-on-Trent to encourage education, volunteering, training, placements, and employment.
· Facilitating one to one and group sessions and activities at a variety of venues across the city, working with young people in the community to help them understand what is available to them so they may thrive.
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders such as schools, colleges, and universities.
· Managing and coordinating all work experience, placement and volunteering opportunities.
· Transporting young people to and from venues of training where appropriate.
Key Skills and Experience
· Excellent communication and organisational skills.
· Enthusiastic and innovative with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to manage own time and workload as well as working as part of a team.
· Excellent IT skills.
· Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the issues that the young people of Stoke-on-Trent are presented with daily.
· Full, clean driving licence is essential.
The position will be offered on a full-time basis including evenings, weekends, matchday fixtures and any other adhoc events. All relevant training will be provided.
The salary for this position will be based on the skills and experience of the candidate with an expected starting salary for this post within the range of £23,000 to £27,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and DBS checks at the appropriate level will be obtained prior to employment commencing.
To apply, please complete and return the application form which can be obtained via our website https://www.stokecityfc.com/category/job-vacancies along with your CV and a covering letter, to Human Resources, SCFC Jobs, PO Box 3573, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 9LL or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘SCVTE2311SCFCW’ in the subject line. Alternatively, telephone the Human Resources Department on 01782 592227 for an application form.
Closing date for applications is 24th November 2023.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 28th November and Wednesday 29th November.
Stoke City Football Club endorses the principle of Equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the Club will be treated fairly and with respect, regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Club is committed to providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in without threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment, bullying and abuse. Any person associated with the Club can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected and in particular, that they are able to enjoy their engagement at the Club.