Start Date : August/September 2021
Location : Paris (3 days at the office/2 days remote)
Type : Internship & Student Work Contract ("Alternance")
Do you hope to have a career within the football industry in Paris? Are you excited about different youth football teams, clubs and players? Do you enjoy solving problems and putting together different pieces of a bigger project? If you answered yes to these questions, we might have a great opportunity for you!
As we work to add more value, give visibility and provide more opportunities for youth players in France, Tonsser is looking for a (student worker/Intern) to help develop and coordinate a scout network that will capture highlights, invite players to the app and help us identify talent for our 21st Century football club, Tonsser United.
In 2018, we created the 1st Tonsser United team to provide an alternative journey for unsigned youth football players. Based on their performances on the Tonsser app, players can earn a selection for Tonsser United in matches against academies, showcase events and tournaments facing pro teams such as Juventus, PSG, Lyon and Fulham. Today 65% of players who have played for Tonsser United have been on trials or signed a contract with a pro club.
As a Video Scouting Coordinator your job will be to :
- Help coordinate the operational and logistical aspects of the network of scouts in Paris
- Participate in the development of solutions and improvements to its structure and to make sure the scouts are happy working for Tonsser
- Communicate and explain Tonsser’s mission to clubs and all other stakeholders
- Evaluate highlights of matches in Paris uploaded to Tonsser by the scouts and make sure they follow our quality standards
- Coordinate the logistics with scouts and make sure they have all they need to do their job
- Recruit new scouts to join Tonsser in Paris and make sure are good representatives of the Tonsser values and mission
You will be working both in English (with the rest of the Tonsser team) and in French (with players / parents / clubs).
The work-study contract ("alternance") should start in August for 1 year. The remuneration will depend on candidates' experience as well French government's guideline for the work-study contract.
Remuneration & benefits:
The remuneration will depend on candidates' experience as well French government's guidelines for the work-study contract. Other than that, you will have 50% of your transport cost refunded as well as the budget for lunch.
Have a good level of English and be able to communicate effectively with the team.
Be comfortable with and good at talking to multiple stakeholders be it via email, in person or on the phone
Have good organisational and planning skills
Know and be familiar and have an interest in the football scene in Paris
Be a fast learner and have a facility with technology
Have confidence in drawing conclusions and brainstorming ideas based on insights and data along the process