Heart of Midlothian Football Club is a Scottish Professional Football Club based in Edinburgh, Scotland. An opportunity has arisen to work within the Clubs Player Recruitment Team as Scouting Analyst.
Reporting directly to the Head of Recruitment and liaising with the Data Analyst, the role will involve preparing high-quality videos, dossiers, and documents on players throughout the scouting and recruitment process. The successful applicant will be highly innovative and passionate about improving the efficiency of the scouting and recruitment process at the Club, particularly the methodology stage of the process.
• Produce high-quality videos, dossiers, and documents on players, in various stages of the recruitment process in line with the Club’s recruitment vision.
• Support the Head of Recruitment and Data Analyst throughout all stages of the recruitment process.
• Carry out extensive video analysis on potential target players.
• Highlight and track progress of relevant players in the scouting and recruitment process.
• The role will involve both live and video scouting.
• Continuously strive to improve the efficiency of the Clubs scouting and recruitment process.
• Any other duties are requested by the Head of Recruitment and Sporting Director.
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
• Previously worked within in an Elite level football environment.
• FA Talent ID Level 3 (Desirable).
• Experience of both live and video scouting.
• Confident in using Wyscout, and other appropriate scouting software.
• Currently based in the UK. Must be able to commute to Edinburgh as and when required.
• Able to evidence Legal right to work in the UK.
• Valid UK Driving Licence.
Essential Skills & Personal Attributes:
• Competent working with data, providing insight and able to creatively present findings.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Committed to continuous professional development.
• Analytical mindset and able to problem solve.
• Demonstrable ability to operate within a high-pressure working environment.
• Strong IT skills.
• Ability to work independently whilst contributing proactively to the Department.
• Discretion and confidentiality must be upheld at all times.
How to apply: If you meet the criteria and would like to apply, please send a Covering letter and CV to email.