Job title Portsmouth Football Club Casual Scout
Location Portsmouth +30 miles
Hours of work Evening and Weekend Work
Reports to Head of Academy Recruitment
Remuneration £35 per scouting assignment (with a maximum of 6 assignments per month)
As we continue to develop our Category 3 Academy provision, we are seeking to appoint
scouting staff to support our pre academy and academy talent recruitment. The focus will be on
watching, assessing and recruiting players aged 7-18 years for trial or signing.
The successful applicant will undertake scouting assignments (predominantly within 30 miles of
the Portsmouth area), with most of these being in the evening or at weekends. It is essential
that you have a driving licence and regular access to a motor vehicle to undertake this role and
travelling expenses will be reimbursed at pre-agreed rates.
The successful applicant will be responsible for following strict club protocols around scouting
and child safeguarding with all scouting assignments agreed in advance with
the Academy Head of Recruitment.
- Undertake scouting assignments as agreed with the Head of Academy Recruitment
- Liaise effectively with the Head of Academy Recruitment to keep them informed on
- Complete club scouting templates for each scouting assignment and record these on
the academy database
- Proactively establish relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Attend scouting meetings and CPD events
- Establish a firm understanding of existing academy players to identify appropriate
Requirements of the role:
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Talent ID Level 1
- FA Safeguarding Certificate
- Previous Scouting or Coaching Experience
- Driver licence and access to a motor vehicle
- Flexibility around working hours
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
- Talent ID level 2
- Player report writing
- Competent user of Microsoft software
- Use of Hudl
- Understanding of local academy and or grassroots football
- Effective Communicator
How to apply
The Club will not consider applications via third parties.
To apply send your CV and cover letter to Lina Small – email@example.com no later than 21st
June at 5pm.
Please reference on your application which area you would like to scout.
You must live within 10 miles of the location.
Interviews will be held in Portsmouth from the 1st of July 2022.
If you don’t hear from us within 7 days of the closing date, please consider that your application
At Portsmouth Football Club we are committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and we aim
to build an accurate picture of the make-up for our talent pools. Therefore, we ask that you
submit the information on the below link to ensure we are always attracting a broad and diverse
range of exceptional talent from all areas of society. Responses are anonymous and the data
gathered will be used to inform our future initiatives but filling in this form is voluntary
We’re committed to diversity and inclusion and want people from all walks of life to apply for
our vacancies. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments
throughout the recruitment process to help you. If you need any support with your application,
please get in touch with us. We are happy to help.