Derby County Football Club, established in 1884, is one of the founder members of the English Football League and has a rich and varied history, including two First Division titles in 1972 and 1975 and an FA Cup success in 1946. The club are currently playing in League One, the third tier of English Football, and is under the management of Head Coach, Paul Warne. The club also boasts a successful and respected Category One Academy, a status which has been held since 2014. Derby County is embarking on an exciting new era following the change in ownership to Clowes Developments (UK) Limited. Our track record of producing talent is outstanding, and we intend to protect that proud legacy, investing in key roles within the club to build on the foundations in place for success.
Derby County Football Club has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, qualified teacher to join the team as a Science Tutor Assistant at our Category One Academy.
The successful candidate will deliver core subject specialist tutor help and guidance for all day release players enrolled on the Hybrid programme through structured classroom sessions.
As directed by the Head of Education, you will assist the education officers with the tracking and monitoring of academic performance for ages U12-U16 to ensure players' academic attainment and grades are unaffected by their involvement in football.
· Plan and prepare core lesson worksheets for KS3 and KS4 learners for club teams system during Day Release sessions.
· Provide supplementary support work, revision guides and exam material available on the club teams system.
· Implement and adhere to working knowledge of current science curriculum when teaching/tutoring.
· Assist the education officers with the tracking and monitoring of academic performance for ages U12-U16.
· Assist the education officer with the continued updating of academic data throughout the academic year of the clubs Academic Data Journey document.
· Providing each school contact with introduction letter at beginning of academic year.
· Work effectively with DCFC Stakeholders and partners.
· Assist Education officer with players education reviews and reports on PMA.
· Provide specific and tailored individual support for identified players within the Academy’s Day release programme.
· Take ownership and responsibility for the classroom environment.
· Maintain a positive learning environment using a variety of resources and displays.
· Undertake all relevant training for continued professional development.
Personal characteristics and experience:
· Previous experience of teaching children
· Up to date knowledge and understanding of relevant curriculum
· Ability to track and monitor pupil performance
· A strong knowledge of child safeguarding issues, policies and best practice
· Able to relate to and build rapport quickly and easily with young people
· Able to understand and implement the policies and procedures of the Academy
· A proven ability in communication skills
· Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to manage a number of competing tasks and priorities
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a positive manner
· Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
The role is fixed term for a total of 27 weeks (designated term-time only as detailed below), between 18th September 2023 until 09th May 2024, for 14 hours per week at the rate of £20 per hour. Teaching days are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, based at Moor Farm Training Centre.
W/C 18th September 2023 – W/C 23rd October 202
30th October – 3rd November 2023
W/C 6th November 2023 – W/C 11th December 2023
25th December 2023 – 5th January 2024
W/C 8th January 2024– W/C 12th February 2024
19th February – 23rd February 2024
W/C 26th February 2024 – 24th March 2024
29th March – 12th April 2024
W/C 15th April – W/C 6th May 2024
End of 23/24 Season Day Release Programme
Everything we do as a Club is built around the three pillars of stability, integrity and progress. Our core values are:
· We are proud of who we are and what we do
· We are positive, inspired and passionate
· We are ambitious and driven
· We are prepared, honest and humble
· We are the heartbeat of our community
· We are the club of opportunity
Derby County employee benefits include:
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
· Two complimentary staff season tickets
· Two complimentary staff away memberships
· 20% discount at DCFC Megastore
· Company Pension with Aviva
· Discounts with select Club partners and sponsors
· Healthshield Cash Health Plan to support employee health and well-being and Perks for great deals and discounts
· Participating in our employee forum, ‘The Herd’
· Training and development opportunities
· Access to programmes and volunteering opportunities with Derby County Community Trust
· Subsidised lunchtime meals at Moor Farm
Derby County Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of the Club's commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found HERE.
Alternatively, please copy and paste - http://thera.ms/apply - to your chosen browser.
More information can be found at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/jobsandcareers
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 27 August 2023. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Strictly no agencies please.