Schools Sports and Cohesion Coach
Wigan Athletic Community Trust are expanding their schools provision and are looking for individuals with a passion for PE and Sport. The Trust are recruiting Schools Sports and Cohesion Coaches on a fixed term contract to join its successful and respected team of provide a high quality PE and School Sport offer to primary schools in the Wigan area. The role also involves assisting in the delivery of evening football and sport sessions as part of the Premier League Kicks and Football Development.
This is a fixed term contract, ending on 31st August 2023, working full time role [37.5 hours per week] with some evening and weekend work as and when required. Following this date the position will become permanent subject to performance and funding.
· Deliver high quality football and sports coaching in Wigan primary schools as part of the Community Trust’s PE Curriculum offer.
· Ensure that all activities delivered are in line with the Primary School PE Curriculum and OFSTED guidelines.
· Build and maintain effective working relationships with host schools and all staff within the schools to ensure continuation of PE contracts with selected schools.
· Assist in the delivery of evening football and sport sessions as part of the Premier League Kicks and Football Development.
You will be:
· National Governing Body Level 2 Coaching Award or 1st 4sport Level 2 Award in Multi Skills Development in Sport
· Level 1 Coaching Award in one or more sports other than football
· Proven track record of successfully delivering coaching in schools/community settings to young people of all abilities and ages.
· Able to travel to different sites to deliver sessions.
For further details of the role and how to apply please visit www.wiganathletic.com/club/employment to view the job description and read our guidance for applicants.
Please return your completed application to HR, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm Thursday 17th November 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 21st November 2022
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The trust is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The trust recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The trust expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.