Derby County Community Trust has a fantastic opportunity for an organised, motivated and passionate individual to join their Schools and Coaching department.
The successful candidate will organise and deliver high quality events and school-based sessions that engage children and young people in school sport and physical activity. Working closely with the School Events Officer the post holder will help design and deliver an annual calendar of school festivals, competitions and events.
A good working knowledge and understanding of PE, school sport and physical activity and what constitutes high quality provision is essential for this role. The successful candidate will support schools to develop more active lunchtimes and develop and promote ideas for schools to provide daily physical activity for children.
• Deliver high quality school sport events and school-based sessions
• Support delivery of community-based programmes
• Deliver the School Games Organiser programme, working alongside the School Events Officer
• Plan, promote and deliver cluster level events and competitions
• Support primary pupils to develop leadership skills through a range of opportunities such as Mini Leaders, School Sport Council, and social action projects
• Monitor bookings for events and prepare registers and certificates
• Keep up to date and accurate records, including registers.
• Contribute to risk assessment processes to ensure events and school-based sessions are safe
• Support the production of termly reports for affiliated schools
• Have a clear understanding of the ‘Super Schools’ affiliation package
Personal Characteristics and Experience
• Full UK driving license with access to own vehicle
• GCSE Maths and English
• FA Safeguarding Children
• Experience of delivery high quality sessions to children aged between 4 and 11 years
• Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to build and sustain positive relationships with schools
• Ability to monitor, evaluate and assess performance
• Good IT skills
• Good time management and organisational skills
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Governing Body of Sport Coaching Award(s)
• Sports Leadership Qualification
• FA Emergency First Aid
• Experience of planning and delivering events
• Experience of working within schools
• Knowledge of the Schools Games programme and other national strategies for sport
• Knowledge of Health and Safety in sport
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 30th July 2021.