Safety and Compliance Manager
Location: St Mary’s Stadium and Staplewood Training Ground, Southampton with up to 40% home working as standard.
Hours: Full time, core hours 08:00-16:00 Mon-Fri, with flexible start/finish times if needed.
Due to the nature of the role, some weekend and evening work is required.
Contract Type: Permanent
Criminal Record Check: Basic
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
What will you be doing?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Southampton Football Club as our Safety Compliance Manager.
The role will focus on developing a positive culture where safety is understood and embedded across all areas of the club and Saints Foundation.
You will help teams build policies and processes to manage safety effectively. You’ll also be responsible for working collaboratively with all teams to build a health and safety management system that effectively balances protecting the safety of staff, players, fans and other visitors with our sporting and commercial objectives.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· To provide specialist strategic and operational support, advice, guidance to all areas of the club.
· Work with our legal team to help embed a culture of continuous improvement across all compliance areas.
· Be responsible for building and promoting a positive, risk based, preventive culture around health and safety.
· Ensure club wide readiness for ISO45001 assessment and certification in early 2024.
· Ensure the club successfully achieves compliance against the Premier League and Premier League Charitable Fund audit processes, including conducting quality internal audits.
· Be responsible for the development and implementation of a robust health, safety and compliance management system.
· Be responsible for the effective reporting of trends, risks, threats and accident data to senior management and be responsible for data driven decision making using appropriate systems.
· Be responsible for chairing the club wide Safety Committee and network of Safety Champions.
· Be responsible for working positively with external agencies, suppliers and stakeholders and build positive strategic relationships across all areas of the club.
Is this you?
You’ll be motivated to raise the profile of Safety and Compliance, using best practice and innovative ideas to engage with staff and external stakeholders. You understand the balance of both ensuring the Club is compliant and the ability to build strong strategic relationships, utilising a proactive rather than reactive approach to strategic aims.
Candidates may be expected to support match days and events where necessary with the potential inclusion of supporting some larger events at evenings or weekends.
Although you will principally be based at St Mary’s Stadium and Staplewood Training Ground, there may also be the requirement for you to travel to our other sites, including Bath, Totton and regional development centres.
• Must be a strong positive influencer, with the ability to engage and collaborate.
• Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage own workload.
• Take an inclusive and collaborative approach to decision making.
• Be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem solving.
• Must be able to carry out tasks accurately, with a good eye for detail.
• Must be able to successfully manage conflicting priorities.
• Must be committed to personal development.
• Be able to contribute to building a positive team spirit and support an environment that encourages creative thinking and continual improvement.
• Be confident to use Microsoft Teams, power point, excel and word software packages.
What we can do for you
Giving you the right balance in your life is important to us, and our benefits are designed to complement this – you’ll get 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday, 2 free match tickets for every home league game, free breakfast and afternoon snacks on site, discounts at local shops and restaurants, an Employee Assistance Programme and mental health first aiders for when things get tough, to specialist support with professional development and access to a world of internal and external training courses and professional qualifications.
How can I apply?
Just click on the link below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 10 January 2023.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*