Moon Intelligence are looking for a research analyst with huge passion for the Japanese J-League to join our team.
We are looking for an analyst with exceptional knowledge of the J-League teams, players, tactics and league specific intricacies.
About the J-League Research Analyst role
The role involves:
· Producing previews for all matches in Japanese J-League (and selected continental competition involving J-League sides) to our set template. The analyst is expected to research and provide information such expected line-ups, key player information and team approaches. If key information comes out after the previews are published, the analyst is expected to provide updates
· Confirming line-ups. Once the starting 11s are announced for all matches, the analyst is expected to confirm any changes from their predicted 11s and if they expect anything different from their previews.
· Pre-season previews on each J-League side
· Being available and flexible to the J-League fixture calendar
· Being home based and as a consultant
**Monthly consultancy fee to be based on experience and availability
We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail and accuracy. The information collected and provided is crucial to our clients so needs to be to a very high standard.
We want someone who is extremely knowledgeable about j-League and Japanese football from knowing how Gamba Osaka approach games to reciting the usual starting 11 from Kashima Antlers.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Excellent communication skills. To be fluent in English and Japanese
· Previous experience covering J-League
· High motivation and enthusiasm to watch games and continue to improve knowledge of Japanese soccer/football
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Knowledge of xG (Expected Goals)
· Betting experience (desirable but not essential)
****If you are currently working for a similar company where conflict of interest could occur, you will not be able to combine the roles.
If interested in this role, please send a CV and answers to the following questions to email@example.com
· What is current employment status?
· When would be the earliest you could start?
· Do you have previous experience covering the J-League in a paid working or voluntary capacity? If yes, provide more information.
· Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role of J-League research analyst?
· In an average week, how many J-League games do you watch?
· What level of accuracy do you think you would confidently be able to achieve for the league when asked to produce an expected line-up for each team on a weekly basis? Why?
· In your opinion, who is the most underrated player in the J-League and why?
· In your opinion, who is the most important player for Vissel Kobe and why?
· Which sides impressed and disappointed you the most in the 2022 season and why?
· What is Nagoya Grampus Eight’s typical style of play?