To lead, coordinate and supervise all medical provision for Academy players from Pre-Academy – U14’s.
• Lead the provision of physiotherapy services to all pre-academy – U14 schoolboy players.
• Working a minimum of two evening’s per week in order to provide injury assessment and treatment clinics and to ensure the smooth running of physiotherapy cover at the schoolboy training sessions. This will be assisted by all other academy physiotherapists.
• Working weekends is required to meet the needs of the Schoolboy programme of games and meet Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) requirements.
• To ensure all medical equipment and procedures are regularly reviewed and maintained at the training ground and all Academy venues.
• Ensure the management of injuries effectively meets its commitments to the players, coaches and senior management through clinical audit and accurate documentation.
• To accompany players to medical consultations and short notice either in this country or abroad. Ensuring best practice is followed at all times and the player is receiving the optimal advice at all times.
• To strive to create a medical department that is viewed as a centre of excellence in the management of injury.
• A clear understanding of the Club Culture, Philosophy, Club Operations Document, Academy Performance Plan and requirements of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
• Compliance with Club policies
• Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
• Compliance with the Club’s safeguarding policies
• To promote the Club’s values
• To work consistently to embed equality & diversity into the Club
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
• To maintain professional conduct at all times
• Be an ambassador of the W.O.L.V.E.S culture and philosophy
• Reports to the Head of Academy Medical
• Supported by Senior U15/16s Physiotherapist, Senior U18s Physiotherapist and Lead U23s Physiotherapist.
• Assist the Senior U15-U16 Physiotherapist (Academy), Senior U18’s Physiotherapist (Academy) and the Head of Academy Medical with their respective squads as and when required.
• Liaise with the Academy coaching staff on a daily basis in order to effectively inform them regarding availability of players for the Academy match and training programmes.
• Member of the MDT (Foundation and Youth Phase) and attend all meetings.
• Work alongside the Academy Sport Science team in order to deliver effective injury prevention strategies across the age groups.
Scope of job
• To organise part time staff schedule and implement medical provision for training, matches, tours and training camps for all school boy academy teams
• Support In-Service training evenings in coordination with the U15-U16 Physiotherapist, U18s Physiotherapist (Academy) and Head of Academy Medical (Academy)
• Lead the provision of musculoskeletal screening /profiling for all school boy academy players and integrate this with the club medical software
• To complete a medical assessment of all school boys of school release age.
• Provide injury prevention strategies to school boy players including individuals and group sessions.
• Ensure the delivery of preventative rehabilitation effectively meets its commitments to players, coaches and senior management through clinical audit and accurate documentation
• Complete monthly SMART targets focused on service development and continued professional development (reviewed by line manager prior to admission).
• Where required, complete the mandatory qualifications and relevant Continued Professional Development requirements as required by the Elite Player Performance Plan and associated governing bodies (The Football League, The Football Association).
Closing Date - Friday 17th September, 5pm