Job Purpose:Assist the Head of Physical Performance in planning and implementing effective training programs for football players within the Youth Development Phase (aged 13-16).
● Supervise and support athletes during strength training, conditioning sessions, and warm-ups.
● Monitor players' progress and provide feedback on their performance and technique.
● Collaborate with coaching staff to design injury prevention exercises and strategies.
● Assist in tracking and recording training data to evaluate players' development and adjust programs accordingly.
● Educate young athletes on proper nutrition and recovery practices.
● Liaise closely with the age group coaches and performance support staff within the Academy.
● Respect that all information regarding players and parents remains strictly confidential.
● Adhere to and comply with the staff Code of Conduct, Child Protection and Equal Opportunities Policies set out by the Academy.
● Responsible for players safety until their parents/guardians pick them up.
● At all times promote and provide a positive image of Bradford City FC and in particular the activities of the Academy.
● Adhere to organisational policies and procedures relating to operations, safeguarding, health & safety and quality control in the staff academy handbook.
● Maintain confidentiality of all information with regards to the Data Protection Act.
Passion for strength and conditioning, fitness, and youth athlete development.
Knowledge of strength training principles and exercise techniques.
Have an appreciation as to how growth and maturation can impact upon a young player development.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Flexibility to work across the programme.
It is imperative that applicants are able to commit to the position for the entire 2023-24 season.
Location: Woodhouse Grove School, Apperley Bridge, Bradford, BD10 0NR
Duration: It is imperative that applicants are able to commit to the position for the entire 2023-24 season.
Please note that Youth Development Phase activities take place on evenings Monday to Friday.