Opening Date:11 Dec 2023
Full Time / Part Time:Full Time
Closing Date of Applications –08/01/2024
Manchester City is an English Premier League club whose roots began in East Manchester. From its first incarnation as St Mark West Gorton in 1880, the club became Manchester City FC in 1894.Behind each title lies emotion, moments and memories that resonate with millions of supporters around the world. Manchester City fans are known for their commitment and togetherness, as a Club that fights to the end.
Our Winning Team
MCFC is built on a vision for sustainability, with an academy structure designed to support long-term first team success, to engagement with the communities in which we reside. Together with our passionate fans and valued network of partners, we are developing Manchester City future history.
It is essential that Academy players are provided with the highest level of care and support during key transitions to ensure they perform to their full potential both on and off pitch.
The focus of this role is to lead, develop and deliver a comprehensive performance lifestyle programme to help players prepare for a successful transition throughout the various stages of their Academy journey. The role holder will also ensure that the transitions are well planned and managed and that players and parents have the tools to be able cope with the demands of being part of the MCFC Academy.
This is Your City
As part of our team, you will be entitled to 26 days annual leave plus an additional day off for your birthday, private healthcare and dental cover, an annual discretionary bonus, plus a range of partnership and lifestyle discounts.
1. To deliver and co-ordinate personal development sessions with a focus on transitions, for players across all phases to enable them to become highly developed in a wide range of areas that will support their journey as a football player and independent young person – e.g. time management, social media, finance, preparing for loan, living independently etc.
2. To manage and co-ordinate the successful onboarding and offboarding of all players. Working with the relevant departments and any other key stake holders to provide the highest quality care to support their journey.
3. To build and maintain excellent relationships with players and their families as well as engaging with wider key stakeholders to ensure effective communication and record keeping.
4. To develop and create resources around the player & parent journey and key transitions for players, parents, host families and house bespoke to each academy phase/age group.
5. To ensure that relevant processes are in place and continually reviewed to allow transitions to be managed and co-ordinated across all the phases
6. To undertake any other reasonable duties as determined by the Director of Development and head of Performance Lifestyle and Player Support.
What we are looking for
Significant knowledge of the high-performance sporting environment
A strong understanding of the pressures and challenges faced by players and understanding of key milestones in their journey
Able to create and deliver engaging presentations to a variety of stakeholders
Knowledge of a football Academy and talent pathway
A coaching and mentoring qualification
A mental health 1st aid certificate or counselling qualification
City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview.
Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Due to our safeguarding promise, all UK based CFG roles will be subject to a DBS check upon commencing employment with us. This will be either a basic, standard or enhanced check depending on the job role and responsibilities.
Job Segment:Performance Management, Manager, Human Resources, Management