Job Title – Performance Analyst – Men’s 1st Team Goalkeeping
Location – Cobham Training Ground
Hours – Permanent – 40 hours, any 5 from 7 (including weekends & bank holidays)
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a Performance Analyst to support the function of the analysis department, heavily focused on goalkeeper analysis and supporting the goalkeeping group. Duties include:
- Primary focus will be to build on and develop the goalkeeper analysis that is currently undertaken by the department. Requires working closely with the mens 1st team goalkeeper coach / department, as well as loans and academy.
- Detailed video and data analysis of Chelsea goalkeepers, supporting pre-match opponent scouting, in-game analysis, post-match review work as well as required analysis of training.
- To build and maintain good working relationships with the goalkeeper coaches, loans and the academy to align analysis, work flows and encourage collaborations.
- Work closely with analysts in the department to provide support towards schedules, work flows and any other duties / requirements (e.g. match days, coding, ad-hoc analysis work, training analysis, filming training).
- Support to the club development of the Chelsea Goalkeeping philosophy.
Must Haves/qualified by demonstratable experience to the level required:
- Experience of working in a performance analysis role, demonstrating an understanding of processes, time frames and schedules (desirable).
- Previous experience of working with goalkeepers and goalkeeper coaches, would be advantageous / desirable.
- Delivering support to coaches using both video and data analysis solutions
- Experience using and handling both objective and subjective data sets
- Level of proficiency with industry standard products; Sportscode, Match tracker, Focus, Hudl, telestration tools etc…
- Ideally an awareness of / or some experience using products like Power Bi, Tableau etc…
- An affinity for goalkeeping and analysing goalkeepers, demonstrating a strong understanding around the specificity of this position within football.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coaches and analysts
- Ability to interpret data that can be used to further the work undertaken (guided towards goalkeeping and development).
- Adaptable and agile minded, enabling outward looking approaches to work flows, responsibilities and future developments.
- Team player within the analysis department
What We Offer:
Benefits at Chelsea FC 22/23 - 1 (pagetiger.com)
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.