We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
Our VISION is to build on our iconic history and create an environment of excellence high standards that ensures our worldwide reputation as an outstanding producer of talented players people from within our diverse community‿ all developed ‘The West Ham Way’.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the Head of Coaching and Lead Phase Coach to plan, deliver review training sessions, matches and the on-going holistic development of Academy players from the Youth Development Phase.
* Under the co-ordination of the Head of Coaching Lead Phase Coach to deliver weekly team and individual coaching sessions to an elite level and in-line with the Academy’s football philosophy and coaching curriculum.
* To lead and/or assist Youth Development Phase age-groups on a match-day including liaising with the Lead Phase Coach to effectively plan, deliver and review team player performance via the Technical Match Report whilst always working within the Academy’s football philosophy.
* To contribute to the multi-disciplinary Individual Development Plans of each player through-out the season and then subsequently going above beyond to effectively mentor inspire each learner at both training sessions and matches.
* To ensure all performance data from all training sessions and matches is appropriately captured via the Performance Management Application (PMA) and each players Performance Clock is always up to date.
* To attend participate in all Academy CPD events to positively contribute towards your own professional development whilst working closely with the Head of Coaching to take ownership of your own Individual Development Plan within the Coaches Competency Framework.
* To continually contribute and support towards a hard-working and positive learning environment for all players both on and off the pitch and always within the ethos of The West Ham Way: Togetherness, Hard-Working, Exciting and Attitude +.
* Safe to Operate: To always place the well-being, welfare and safety of each young person in your care at the forefront of every Academy activity and to ensure all other relevant procedures and protocols are effectively followed.
* Compliance: To ensure the Youth Development Rules and all other internal protocols are complied with at all times to the highest standard.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person, or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* UEFA A Licence Holder (E)
* Advanced Youth Award (or on a course working towards qualification)(E)
* Emergency Aid Certificate (E)
* Minimum two years previous experience in similar role. (E)
* Member of the FA Coaches Club (D)
* Enhanced DBS (or ability to obtain) (E)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills (E)
* Ability to work collaboratively with players, their parents and staff members to ensure the best coaching experience is provided to academy players (E)
* Flexibility with work hours and site locations as necessary for the role. (E)
* A full, clean UK driver’s license with access a vehicle. (D)
* Flexibility around busy periods for tournament cover, for example school easter holidays (D)
Please apply through our careers site https://www.careers.whufc.com/ bySunday 12th June 2022.
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted
West Ham United reserve the right to close the advert early.