PART-TIME GRASSROOTS PROGRAM COACH
The Hamilton Croatia Soccer Club (HCSC), a Quality Soccer Provider (2023), is seeking highly motivated and passionate
coaches for its grassroots program (U7-U12). The coach will be responsible for providing oversight and development of
all participants registered to the program. This is a part-time paid position within the club (5-7 hrs/wk).
REPORTS TO: The Technical Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct 2-3 training sessions per week plus 1 game (min. 2 sessions/wk).
• Lead in the design and delivery of the weekly session plans to be shared with assistants.
• Implement and execute the age-appropriate training curriculum as per HCSC standards.
• Lead the scouting, identification and selection of players for the respective age group.
• Support the Technical Director with club programming initiatives.
• To be responsible for the safety and welfare of all players under your care.
• Uphold the Club’s Policies, Procedures, Social Media, Child Protection and all Rules, Regulations and Policies.
• Uphold the Player, Parent and Coaching standards of the program.
• Assist in the Coordination of all administrative organizational processes for league play and team travel.
• Complete mandatory player assessments and conduct player reviews (2 times per calendar year).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• Canada Soccer’s National C License is preferred (proof of certification is required).
• Learn to Train/Soccer for Life is the minimum standard accepted (proof of certification is required).
• All NCCP requirements completed (Making Ethical Decisions, Making Headway in Soccer, an up-to-date Respect in
Sport certificate, Emergency Action Plan-updated NCCP transcript upon request).
• A fluent knowledge of Canada Soccer’s Long-Term Player Development model.
• A valid Police Check (Police Vulnerable Sector Check) is required.
• 1-5 years of coaching experience at the Grassroots level.
• Strong playing background to demonstrate techniques.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal).
• Experience in developing and working with an approved annual periodization plan.
• Growth mindset and willingness to learn.
• Proven ability to work in a team environment.
• Computer Proficiency.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1st, 2023, or until filled.
Interested candidates may submit a copy of their Coaching CV, Coaching credentials, NCCP transcript and Vulnerable
Sector Police Check to the Technical Director at --- (Extrasoccer.net). We thank each applicant for taking the time and
effort to respond, however, Hamilton Croatia SC will only consider and contact those applicants with authorization to
work in Canada, with no exceptions, we do not provide working visas.
Compensation will be based on coaching and playing experience.