About the job
San Diego FC (San Diego FC) is the newest member of the MLS family. As part of the unique Right to Dream model and the Sycuan Tribe’s deep roots, we are proud to be building a San Diego-centric soccer organization that honours our history and celebrates emerging excellence.
ABOUT SAN DIEGO FC:
We value community, diversity, and acting with purpose. We are looking for leaders at all levels to co-create the culture of a new organization that is built on the premise that you can discover, understand, and re-define excellence by nurturing talent and creating opportunity anywhere – specifically though soccer.
Globally, Right to Dream partners with talented young people to give them a nurturing environment to flourish and thrive. We do this through a holistic model of athletic development, where young people grow as human beings and great footballers. RTD’s promise is set out in their Manifesto: a set of 8 commitments which will be central to the San Diego FC ethos from the front office to the field, when games start at Snapdragon Stadium in 2025.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a great team building something meaningful for San Diego. We offer excellent benefits including health coverages with generous company contributions, over 30 days of paid time off, and a 4% company match on your 401(k).
The Operations Coordinator at San Diego FC (SDFC) is an important role responsible for providing various services that allow the office to run uninterrupted. Reporting to the SVP of Operations, this role demands a detail-oriented individual with exceptional organizational skills, a proactive approach, and the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently. The Operations Coordinator will play a vital role in maintaining office processes and addressing any immediate needs that may arise.
• Uphold efficient administrative policies and processes, ensuring the smooth operation of the office.
• Set up processes to manage office supplies, equipment, and facilities to maintain a productive work environment.
• Handle all correspondence.
• Order supplies for all areas of the office and organize storage efficiently.
• Manage logistics for internal meetings, including preparing meeting materials and maintaining meeting spaces.
• Manage office calendar (events, happy hours, etc.)
• Vendor management always look for the best option for our needs.
• Light IT Support to ensure all systems are running properly.
Stadium/Game Day Operations:
• Assists in the behind the scenes implementation of all game operations activities.
• Assists with any San Diego FC special events.
• Set up and breakdown of retail operations.
Candidates can meet the requirements with a combination of experience in the following areas:
• Experience equivalent or bachelor’s degree in business, Sports Management, Communications, or a related field preferred
• Minimum of 1-3 years of administrative experience, preferably in a start-up environment or within the sports industry.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other relevant software.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively in a dynamic environment.
• High level of professionalism and discretion, particularly when handling sensitive information.
• Good knowledge and understanding of technology (computers, WiFi, networks)
We encourage all individuals who share our commitment to community and soccer to apply at JointheTeam@SanDiegoFC.com. Please reference the position title in your email. Soccer is humanity and together, we can make a meaningful impact both on and off the field, fostering a culture that embraces excellence and equal opportunities. SDFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.