The MiniRoos Kick-Off Multicultural Settlement Program is Northern NSW Footballs introductory football program for boys and girls aged 4-11 from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. The program runs for 8 weeks during term 2 (Commencing week of 02 May 2022) for one afternoon a week across various locations. The sessions will start at 4pm and finish at 5pm (Wednesday's at Heaton park, Jesmond & Thursday's at Metford Recreational Oval, Metford).
1. Plan and deliver all MiniRoos sessions in an engaging and fun way for all participants.
2. Act as a Point of Contact for all parents and MiniRoos players.
3. Assist promotion of MiniRoos football within local schools and the broader community.
4. Liaise with the MiniRoos Coordinator to complete a Grassroots Coaching Course before/ during the season.
5. Inspect and ensure all training/playing fields are safe and fit to play on, and align with relevant rules and regulations.
6. Ensure all required equipment is accessible and ready for use prior to the session.
7. Hold a current Working with Children Check and register through Play Football.
8. Ensure smooth running of MiniRoos training/matches and encourage participants in a positive and fun way.
9. Liaise with MiniRoos Coordinator and ensure pitch allocation/playing times are adhered to in an organised manner.
10. Arrange the set up and packing up of all equipment after sessions are completed.
Essential Skills and requirements
· Hold or willing to apply for a current volunteer “Working With Children Check”
· Be fully vaccinated (2 x initial vaccinations)
· Experience working with children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
· MiniRoos Grassroots Coaching Certificate (desirable)
· Good organisation skills
· Great communicator with effective mediation and negotiation skills
· Able to prioritise and delegate tasks.
· Positive attitude and enthusiastic demeanor.
· Passionate about the club and junior football.
· Understanding of the rules and regulations of the MiniRoos formats.
The estimated time commitment required as the MiniRoos Game Leader is 2-6 hours per week.