Our Marketing Executive is vital to the smooth running and growth of the West Ham United marketing department. Responsible for the day-to-day output of key campaigns, they are also vital in ensuring that our major annual campaigns are devised, developed and executed, while also looking to drive new levels of standards for how we communicate with our supporters across our email, SMS and wider channels.
We are looking for a candidate driven by the challenge of finding the best way to engage our current and prospective supporters through our campaigns across ticketing, hospitality, retail, content and partnerships. The right candidate will have a track record in driving growth and have worked with audiences at home and abroad, while also understanding the approaches required to engage fans of a professional football club.
As well as being part of a close-knit marketing team who are all passionate about driving the club forward, the successful candidate will also have a strong knowledge of industry trends and be an independent thinker who is constantly pushing for new and innovative ways of ensuring success.
- Support the marketing team with the required needs of the club day-to-day marketing, helping to deliver on marketing campaigns as part of the team or working on individual projects independently
- Devise marketing campaigns for key milestone events, leading in conjunction with Marketing Managers to take campaigns from concept to execution across the Marcomms department
- Bring new ideas to the table, both through competitor and industry analysis, and the understanding of what is required to take West Ham United to a higher level - Lead on copywriting and the development and production of campaign materials
- Drive higher standards across Marketing campaigns in design, copy, segmentations and processes, implementing continuous refinement and optimisation and constantly contributing creative ideas.
- Brief the Data and Insights team on desired audience segments and help create marketing distribution lists, demonstrating an understanding of the West Ham United supporter base and an ability to liaise to influence the insights we receive
- Work with our Digital, Editorial, Communications and Content teams to ensure that key marketing messaging is being delivered across all touchpoints
- Liaise with designers and agencies, and manage the design briefs
- Responsible for the organisation, storage and audit of our campaigns (online and offline)
- Campaign reporting and evaluation including Return on Investment (ROI), email effectiveness and web analytics
- A proficient Marketing professional with experience in delivering campaigns for a football club
- Creative thinker with an eye for design and good copy
- Willingness to innovate and take risks
- A passionate marketer who is full of ideas and keeps across industry developments
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to challenge the norm, ask searching questions and lobby for the best way of doing things
- Ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- An understanding of the importance of brand, supporter engagement/growth, and sales
- An understanding of football, West Ham United, its history and ambitious plans for the future