Position: Head Coach, Pickering Football Club L1O Men’s
Reports to: General Manager, Pickering Football Club L1O
Location: Pickering, ON
One of League1 Ontario Men’s founding members in 2014, Pickering Football Club, is returning to
competitive league action in 2022 after announcing an exciting new partnership in October. The senior
teams did not compete in 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic but are back with a new look –
having rebranded at the end of 2019 – and now as part of an international football network that will
further enhance scope and reach beyond Durham Region.
The Head Coach of Pickering Football Club L1O Men’s team will oversee the technical, tactical, and
physical development of Pickering Football Club players within the League1 Ontario Men’s program and
wider international pathway, including, but not limited to:
• Supervising an elite program in a safe environment
• Leading the talent identification and recruitment process
• Providing direction, leadership and motivation to all coaching and support staff
• Managing team selection, scouting processes and tactical planning
• Delivery of training sessions and game preparation in line with Pickering Football Club philosophy
• Overseeing video analysis processes
• Ensuring players are aware of and comply with all Pickering Football Club policies and codes of
• Evaluating and monitoring individual and team performance
• Maintaining accurate records to track the development of players
• Input into player development pathway across international clubs
• Setting professional standards and always demonstrating integrity in activities
• Other duties as assigned and required.
• A commitment to excellence
• Demonstrated advocacy of the holistic development of aspiring professionals
• Strong presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Highly developed people skills and ability to manage conflict
• An appreciation and experience of mentoring and developing other coaches
• Proven ability to successfully manage individuals and teams
• Capability to work independently and in a team environment
• Adept at managing budgets
• Proficient at prioritizing and ensuring deadlines are met
• Superior knowledge of both the Canadian and Ontario soccer landscapes
• A responsibility to develop a thorough understanding of policies, procedures, and the rules and
regulations of League1 Ontario
• Compliant with all COVID-19 related requirements.
• National B Licence or international equivalent – A Licence would be preferred
• Clean criminal background check
• Respect in Sport certification
• Ability to travel outside Ontario and Canada.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates are required to send their resume and a short cover letter detailing theirsuitability
for the post to email@example.com by November 30, 2021. Only candidates eligible to work in
Canada will be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.