An exciting opportunity has become available for a Chartered Physiotherapist to become an important member of West Ham United Academy’s Football Medicine team, and Lead our Youth Development & Foundation Phase provision.
* Ovesee the assessment, treatment & rehabilitation of injured players between U9-U16, aligning to a department strategy - with a particular focus on provision to U9-14s.
* Provide training, matchday & tournament medical cover for U9-14s, supporting U15/16s and other age groups when necessary.
* Take a supervisory role on Academy Schoolboy Matchdays – this may mean covering pitchside yourself and co-ordinating EAP & cover across other fixtures on site.
* Lead & manage a strong team of part-time Therapists – this may include organising rotas, delivering appraisals and providing a comprehensive internal CPD programme.
* Work closely with the YDP/FP Physiotherapist to organise and conduct Youth Development Phase & Foundation Phase msk/medical screening, as part of the department strategy to identify and mitigate against risk of injury.
* Attend MDT & departmental meetings, and disseminate information accordingly.
* Provide weekly updates, reporting into Academy Management Team members, as requested.
* Continually evolve and develop department policies in line with current research, guidelines & practice.
* Integrate within, and drive a culture of Elitism; with Individual development at the forefront.
Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
Previous experience of working with elite young athletes
Good understanding of growth & maturation and its implications on the development of athletes
Experience of planning and delivering treatment & rehabilitation of sports injuries
Experience managing staff
Effective and appropriate communication skills
Good time management and prioritization skills
Post graduate qualification in a relevant field
Experience working within a Football Academy
Experience using PMA or Kitman Labs/Football Intelligence Platform
Good understanding of the expectations of a Category 1 Academy according to the EPPP