Job Title – Lead Under U18 Performance Analyst
Location – Cobham Training Ground
Hours – 40 hours per week (6 of 7 days)
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
Lead a high quality, bespoke and responsive video analysis support programme for the Academy U18s. to support the coaching team to be successful in competition and in the on-going development of our top talents.
Brief description and duties:
- Opposition: provide technical and tactical breakdown with coded video on opponents as well as opposition squad breakdowns, which are to be shared with U18 coaching staff in preparation for upcoming fixtures.
- Pre-match: Support coaches in the preparation of tactical workshops, analysis previews and match-day presentations.
- In-game/session: Film and analyse matches/selected training sessions, including managing the match-day performance analysis team.
- Post-match: Support the individual player match assessment and scoring process. Support team and group-based post-match reviews.
- Player performance management: support the logistics and management of ‘case study reviews’
- Work very closely with the PDP individual analyst to ensure work is aligned. This individual work will recognise where players need improvement in relation to their IAPS’ and provide the relevant footage
- Quality assure, data cleanse and provide players insights to the coaching team from the Blue Point analysis programme.
- PDP individual analyst
- Support Chelsea’s ‘One Club’ approach, developing collaborative working relationships with the 1st team and women’s analysis departments.
- Build relationships with external analysis software providers (Hudl, Piero, Fulcrum, Chyronhego, etc).
- Work with the club’s IT department to ensure the Academy IT infrastructure supports the delivery of performance analysis programme.
Must Haves/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- Excellent tactical knowledge of football
- BSc within a relevant sports-related field
- 3 years+ working in a professional football or high-performance sports environment
- Experience of using industry standard analysis software, specifically Hudl.
- Experience using event and/or tracking data within football (OPTA)
- Strong knowledge of analysis pre-match, in match and post match analysis processes
- Ability to work flexibly to the meet the needs of the team schedule, including domestic and international travel.
- Ability to use video production software such as iMovie or Final Cut.
- Demonstrate a confident approach to challenge current process and put forwards new ideas to improve
- Possess the Mindset and organisation skills to perform under short turnaround times.
Nice to Haves:
- UEFA B Licence & Coaching Experience
- PFCO Drone Pilot Licence
- Master’s Degree in analysis/analytics
- Driving Licence
- Experience working within Academy football.
- Experience working with Data manipulation and visualisation (Power BI)
What We Offer:
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.