• The post holder will recommend high calibre players for further consideration for the Club’s playing squads, focusing on specific positional attributes relevant to the Club’s playing philosophies.
• Effective time management and organisation skills, with clearly presented reports submitted each month.
Role Specific Responsibilities
The post holder will:
• Work with the Head of Player Recruitment to cover First Team, B Team/Under 23s, and Academy player recruitment as required.
• Demonstrate a passion for scouting and be able to watch both live and video recorded games and compile the necessary reports of observations made.
• Filter players by specific positional attributes relevant to Huddersfield Town’s style of play.
• Submit reports in timescales specified by the Head of Player Recruitment.
• Submit a monthly short list of recommended players.
• Attend on site meetings when required.
• Work within a modern, digital framework for all scouting and talent identification responsibilities.
• Be responsible for covering a designated region and identify players for all the Club’s playing squads.
• Demonstrate clear understanding of football, tactical awareness, individual player traits, and a passion for talent identification.
• Use an analytical mind when watching football matches.
• Assist the Head of Player Recruitment in undertaking due diligence on all potential players.
• Watch targeted players through live and video work, and produce reports, prioritising lists for submission and review.
• Ensure all scouted players fit the individual positional profiles set out by the Club.
• Work to demanding deadlines and demonstrate effective organisational skills.
• Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet the Club and Academy’s changing priorities.