Location: Sparrows Lane Training Ground, South East London or as required
Hours: F/T, CAWFC Matchdays and as directed by your line manager
The Head Physiotherapist will provide current best practice sports physiotherapy service to Charlton Athletic Women’s Football Club and will lead the team in driving innovation and delivering outstanding service to ensure optimum management to all CAFC players. You will be responsible for injury assessment and management including but not limited to assessment, treatment, rehabilitation, injury prevention and screening.
You will manage all medical provision for the women’s set up including making sure all other women’s team have the relevant qualified therapists and medical staff for training and matches.
• Responsible for the day to day management of the first team medical department;
• Game day and training day role as the senior physiotherapist to diagnose and manage player injuries;
• Responsible on matchday for pitch side first aid and emergency care including the systems and infrastructure required to ensure that these processes are supported, documented and reviewed appropriately, in collaboration with the rest of the Club medical staff.
• Day to day diagnosis and management of player injuries;
• Regular communication and discussion with first team management regarding CAFC playing list injury update and management;
• Collaborative decision making with first team manager and head of sports science in relation to players returning to train and play;
• Lead and manage physiotherapy and allied staff, including supervision and education of junior physiotherapists and sports therapist;
• Collaboration with sports science staff to develop and implement injury prevention strategies and programs for the playing squad;
• Maintain up to date physiotherapy records on an electronic database, exercising complete confidentiality regarding all players at all times;
• It is also essential you have a holistic treatment approach and an appreciation of long-term athlete development;
• Management decision making based on the long-term well-being of the player (duty of care);
• Continue to develop professionally to remain at the forefront of sports physiotherapy and player injury management.
• Attendance at any FA meetings, calls or conferences where required.
• Creation and regular review of any medical emergency action plan including training, Matchday (players, staff and spectators).
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
• BSc Physiotherapy or equivalent (E);
• HCPC registered (E);
• Indemnity Insurance
• CSP registered (E);
• Advance Emergency Aid qualification - ATMMiF
• Previous experience of working within a professional sport environment (E);
• Evidence of providing immediate assistance in a sporting environment (E);
• Excellent IT skills (E);
• Proficient in managing budgets (D);
• Actively cooperate and communicate with others, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration (E);
• An ability to review the current operation and identify practical areas for improvement (E);
• Positive about achieving Club, departmental and individual success (E);
• Must have the ability to make quick decisions in a fast paced environment, if required (E);
• Must be accountable for delivering results within assigned levels of accountability (E).
• Committed, reliable, versatile and organised (E);
• Excellent communication skills in order to lead in squad injury prevention and rehabilitation (E).
• This a full-time role that includes work on weekends and evenings
• Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
• Charlton Athletic is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Disclosure
• As such, this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful candidate must disclose all convictions spent convictions should be declared, that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS
• Charlton Athletic FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
• Any personal data that you provide to Charlton Athletic Football Club Ltd (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
• We will keep your personal information for 6 months after which we will erase it. You can always choose to have your data erased earlier by emailing us at email@example.com.
• We’d love to hear from you if you believe you can meet the challenges of working within an elite sporting environment.
• This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is an outline of activity, roles and responsibilities and is open to change.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Click 'apply for this job' to apply!