The Lead Academy Physiotherapist (Girls) is a key role within the club’s performance department and is responsible for the diagnosis and acute/long-term care associated with players’ musculoskeletal injuries within the girls’ academy. The Lead Academy Physiotherapist (Girls) is also expected to ensure that all girls’ academy games have appropriate physiotherapy provision through coordination of the matchday physiotherapists. The successful candidate will be joining a team of forward thinking and ambitious staff who are dedicated to creating an inclusive and supportive working environment.
• Coordinate match day physiotherapy cover for all girls’ academy games (and mid-week clinics as necessary).
• Physiotherapy cover of players during evening clinics at the training ground including diagnosis, acute care/treatment and short- to long-term rehabilitation from injury. This includes the design and delivery of both pitch- and gym-based exercise programmes.
• Provide physiotherapy cover during selected academy match days including emergency on-pitch care/treatment when required.
• Liaise with the Head of Academy Performance and the Academy Manager, as appropriate, to assess players’ health status and contribute to informed professional decision-making on players’ fitness and readiness to train and play.
• Maintain appropriate, current, legible and accurate medical records on the club’s Kitman system and ensure their confidential storage and compliance with data protection regulations.
• Ensure the club has the appropriate range and quantity of physiotherapy supplies available, which one would normally expect to be held within a professional football club academy.
• Within the limits of your professional scope and qualifications prescribe medication to players as appropriate.
• Liaise with external stakeholders to facilitate medical procedures taking place outside of the club e.g. hospital-based operations, consultations with specialist medical experts and other such activities.
• Undergraduate degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent
• HCPC registered physiotherapist
• Advanced pitch-side care qualification e.g. sportPROMOTE, SCRUMCAPS
• Postgraduate qualification in Physiotherapy
• Previous experience of leading physiotherapy services within a sporting environment.
• Commitment to professional development.
• Conscientious and committed to attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills in the written and spoken word.
• Excellent information technology skills.
• Critical thinking and analytical mind set.
• Strong character able to operate within a high-pressure working environment and put forward their point of view.
• Honesty and openness and an approachable demeanor
Application Deadline: 7 September 2021