Portsmouth Football Club are looking to recruit a full-time Academy Lead Performance Analyst to deliver, manage and lead the provision of performance analysis in our Category 3 academy.
The role will focus on leading the Academy Performance Analysis department in meeting the EPPP Category 3 requirements and using objective and subjective data to support the development of players.
In addition, it will involve working closely with the Head of Academy Coaching and Phase Leads to develop tools that assist in the analysis of player performance and development.
- Film, code and edit academy games and training in line with the academy framework (specifically the Professional Development Phase)
- Undertake opposition team analysis to inform coaching staff and create pre-match presentations
- Create post-match analysis presentations in conjunction with coaching staff requirements and assist in the delivery of these presentations
- Support the introduction of data to assist in the measurement of player performance
- Collaborate with Academy Senior Management to create player and team presentations to be utilised in staff Continual Professional Development
- Delivering/supporting Analysis workshops for YDP and FP players
- Supporting staff and players with PDR reviews as required
- Collaborating with first team analysis staff to develop new and insightful initiatives and practices for evaluating team and player performance in accordance with a whole club approach
- Liaising with relevant multi-disciplinary staff regarding player development
- Line Management of all university intern duties in the analysis department
- Must be available to work weekends and this role will involve travel - Follow club HR policies and maintain appropriate industry and safeguarding qualifications
- Previous analysis performance employment in a football/professional sporting organisation - Video camera technology and use
- Mac and PC operating systems and applications
- Sportscode knowledge
- Confident communicator who can contribute to player/team performance presentations
- Drive and ambition to support the development of all players in the academy
- Understanding of EPPP and the workings of academy football
- Experience in creating statistically led player/team performance reviews
- Understanding of and experience of using Tableau for presenting data
- Related master’s degree in Performance Analysis
- Telestration software and usage
- Final Cut Pro
The salary range will be £21,000 -£22,500 dependent on experience.
The club has a strong reputation as an upholder of EFL diversity and inclusion policies and welcomes applications from BAME candidates, who are suitable qualified with a degree in the relevant field.
Our preference is for applicants to have experience working within an EFL club academy with knowledge of game coding software, Hudl software and various filming equipment.
An Enhanced DBS check will be carried out on the successful applicant.The successful candidate will be required to complete safeguarding training in order to obtain certificates and qualifications with immediate effect.
Application Deadline: June 10 2021