About The Role
Lead 9-16s Academy Sports Scientist
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your main responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
• To manage and lead the delivery of the Physical conditioning and development throughout the Academy, Under 9s to Under 16’s, working closely with the Youth Development Phase Full Time Players.
• To oversee Athletic Development sessions for U9-16s in line with the Academy Physical Curriculum.
• To enhance the athletic development of all U9-16s players in line with their ILPs and targets.
• To assist and develop injury prevention strategies for the Academy with particular focus on PHV.
• To ensure appropriate strength and conditioning sessions are delivered to appropriate age groups.
• To devise, where relevant, individual or small group specific programmes.
• Continually review and assess the programme in accordance with the latest research.
• Identify key performance indicators in relation to progress within the field.
• To manage all sports science testing for U9-16s.
• To ensure all academy players receive appropriate information on their physical development and educate them regarding their nutritional needs.
• To liaise with the nutritionist and catering department to ensure all nutritional needs for training and match days are met.
• To collate all relevant data (including GPS and Heart Rate) and to distribute amongst all relevant staff.
• To assist all sports science and medical staff with screening of players throughout the Academy (including PDP players).
• To update and maintain relevant qualifications and to ensure you liaise with the Head of Academy Performance and Lead Sports Scientist.
• To assist and deliver CPD to all Academy Staff
• To ensure you liaise with the Safeguarding Officer to maintain awareness of Safeguarding issues and that the necessary Safeguarding training is adhered to.
• To inform the Head of Academy Performance and the Academy Manager of any issues which you feel are of a serious nature or may affect a player’s ability to perform to the necessary standards.
• To maintain and update the performance management application (PMA).
• To update the Players Performance Clock where applicable.
• To manage Individual Player Programmes and Reviews.
• To ensure the Academy Performance Plan underpins the work of the department.
• To attend all in-service training sessions and meetings when requested.
• To maintain your coaching qualifications and any other qualifications in-line with FA and Premier League rules & regulations.
• To adhere to club policies with particular emphasis to safeguarding children and equity.
• To report any serious breaches of discipline to the Academy Manager.
• To complete all necessary paperwork as requested by the Academy Manager, The Premier League or FA including items such as session plans, feedback forms, NVQ folders, progress reports and any other forms should they be requested.
• To adhere to and enhance all coaching programmes.
• To converse and liaise with parents when required.
• To aid in the transport of players when necessary.
• To participate in tour and tournaments including overseas.
• To report any matters of concern related to your duties to the Academy Manager.
• To contribute positively to the Clubs vision and culture
• To promote and adhere to the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and to work consistently to embed ED&I into everything.
• To ensure the working environment is free from harassment and discrimination and any other form of unacceptable behaviour.
• To fully participate in one-to-ones and departmental reviews and meetings.
• To fully participate in annual and mid-term appraisals.
• To understand the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use these to ensure appropriate and safe working practices applicable to the role.
• To promote and assist with Safeguarding.
• To carry out CPD and keep up to date with any training and updates relevant to the role.
• To ensure the health & safety within the Club for self and others is adhered to at all time.
• To carry out all responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and all policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.
• To undertake all required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Health and Safety training.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.