Salary: £10.00 per hour
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract until May 2023, 40 hours
Team: Playing Staff
Reports To: Kit Manager
Location: Various SCFC sites across Manchester and Salford including the Peninsula Stadium and Partington Sports Village.
We are looking for a professional and attentive Kit Assistant to support our players and staff at Salford City FC on a fixed term basis until the end of the season. Supported by the Kit Manager, this role is responsible for sorting, washing, drying, folding and presenting of all playing and training wear. Ultimately the role plays a crucial role in supporting our first team players and our developing talent in our Academy.
· Provide support to the Kit Manager in all areas of the kit management operation.
· Support the kit service within the required schedule – wash, dry, fold, store.
· Support the preparation of the training, travel and match kits.
· Cooordinate the transportation of match kit to home and away games.
· Daily stock control management within the laundry and quality control on all garments, including ordering replacement items.
· Meet all kit printing requests including match and training kits.
· Daily distribution of all kit and equipment for players and staff, including maintaining an audit of stock and equipment and highlighting wear and tear.
· Provide support to the Kit Manager on all daily duties.
· Liaise with coaches regarding kit requirements.
· Perform daily checks on footballs and other relevant equipment.
· Provide support on all kit deliveries received.
· Assist with the allocation of training and travel kit for all players and staff.
· Ensure all respective kit areas are kept neat and tidy.
· Carry out all other kit and equipment related tasks deemed necessary by the Kit Manager.
· Experience of working as a Kit Assistant.
· Able to work to tight deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances.
· Personable with an ability to build individual relationships and work cohesively within a team.
· Extremely organised and methodical approach to work.
You will be an integral part of the team where your work will positively impact the players. You will work closely with the Kit Manager to ensure the department operates efficiently in supporting match and training activities, and can step in to cover the service if there are unforeseen circumstances.
The role requires a high degree of flexibility throughout the week to support our busy training and match schedules and as such you should be prepared to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis. Flexibility is key due to training and matches potentially changing at short notice.
You will need a full, clean driving licence. You will also be required to work every match day including away games.
Apply by sending your current CV to --- with a cover letter explaining what is special about you, what you can bring to the Club and why you want the position.
Closes on Weds 18th January 2023.
For more information please see our website:
Job Opportunity: Laundry Assistant | Salford City Football Club (salfordcityfc.co.uk)
Salford City FC is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our workplace.
We are fully committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk who engage in our activities. We recognise that we have a responsibility to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable groups and will promote this by ensuring we have policies and procedures in place which all of our staff are trained in and are expected to adhere to as part of their employment.
Salford City FC positively welcomes and seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment. We encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity, gender expres