Soccer Assist is a scholarship agency that helps student-athletes earn soccer scholarships at American Universities. In addition to this, we run a full time football and educational program as well as deliver a range of soccer programs aimed towards developing talent. Our mission is to become a full service soccer agency that runs academies, delivers international tours, secures scholarships and works with pro athletes.
We’re looking for someone who is friendly, has good communication skills, passionate about soccer and knowledgeable about college sports. We need a person who is a quick learner, a positive telephone demeanour and can close deals. Your ability to consult and advise prospective students on the U.S route is key to your success in the role.
Within the world of college scholarships, we’d like to think we’re one of the better companies to work for and we believe we’re going to revolutionise the experience and process for our clients.
That being said, the role is not all sunshine and roses – there is some good news and some bad news.
Let’s start with the bad news:
● This is a full time role that is customer focused and will require regular communication either via phone, face to face or online with existing and prospective clients. You will need to be comfortable and confident in speaking to strangers and offering our services to them. If you’re not comfortable communicating to people clearly and effectively, this role may not be for you.
● Your success in the role will be measured based on clear metrics that you will be made aware of if you join us. You’ll be expected to achieve company targets, which can mean working long hours from time to time as you may have periods where you’re dealing with high volumes of leads who require your attention. There will be times when you’re under pressure to perform, so you’ll need to be prepared for this.
Now for the good stuff:
● This is mainly a remote based role with 1-2 working days from our serviced offices in Central Milton Keynes.
● As a company we like our people to take ownership of their part of the business and as you progress in your role you will be given more flexibility and autonomy over your work schedule.
● You’ll get to work on exciting projects we deliver, which presents excellent opportunities for travel throughout the UK and abroad.
● You won’t be alone in this role. You will be joining a team of experienced professionals who will help and support you throughout your time to ensure you grow and achieve your potential.
● As our business grows we want our people to grow too, so there will be opportunities to progress in your career within the company. You can go on to build and manage your team or suggest new ideas and have autonomy to bring it to life.
● We work hard on the pitch and enjoy ourselves off the pitch! As a team we regularly organise meals, activities and get togethers to create those lasting memories
Mission for the Recruitment Coordinator
Working within the recruitment team to achieve recruitment and school presentation targets. Your main focus will be on growing the number of trialists that attend each event for the 2022-23 F/Y, as well as supporting the recruitment team with the growth and delivery of school presentations.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. Trial recruitment
- Play an integral part in contributing to the 2022/23 target of 352 trialist
- Contacting leads within 48 hours of initial application, and scheduling follow-ups if necessary
- Maintain a conversion rate of above 25% from consultation calls to bookings
- Complete a minimum of 100 consultation calls per month to ensure we achieve booking numbers for the month
- Create weekly diarised actions to move and follow up with leads in the various deal stages
- Stay on top of the administrative tasks associated with the CRM to ensure transparency across the business
2. Trial events
- Attend all trial events and support the recruitment team to deliver a successful event
- Support the recruitment team on assessment days, and ensure to have a ‘all hands on deck’ approach to your responsibilities at each event
- Write all notes of assessed players and upload them to the CRM within one working day following the assessment day
- Contact all trialists within 48 hours of the event finishing to provide feedback, the outcome & next steps
3. Student-athlete signings
- Supporting the recruitment team to achieve end of year signing targets
- Achieve a minimum of 50% conversion rate across all scholarship Zoom calls post-trial
- Manage your calendar efficiently to ensure Zoom meetings are scheduled accordingly with prospective student-athletes
4. Schools/clubs outreach and presentations
- Grow the number of school presentations in allocated territory, to ensure the recruitment reaches the end of year target (75 presentations)
- Continuously build relationships with schools, clubs & colleges, with an aim of securing annual presentations
- Create email templates and establish processes to contact and follow up with schools and colleges to book presentations
- Upload all new school/college contact information into the CRM accurately, linking the contact to the account
- Update the scholarship presentation spreadsheet with the booked date of each presentation
- Actively ask for referrals from schools/colleges to develop further presentations
- Use LinkedIn and Instagram as effective outreaching tools to build relationships with prospective schools, colleges and academies
- Attend career/university fairs to meet prospective students and achieve target registration numbers
- Support the recruitment team with the delivery of JPL & ISA projects
- Deliver presentations at the events to players and parents
- Understand the various different personnel involved in the delivery of the partnerships
- Being proactive to identify and advise recruitment team on potential new partnership opportunities
- Responding to all inbound phone calls and emails from prospective customers in a timely manner
- Update the necessary notes, log the calls and change the deal stages in relation to the outcome of the call
- Respond to all players who may communicate via text or Whatsapp
- Call through leads that have entered the enquiry section of the deal stage
- Be responsible for updating your calendar via Calendly to ensure there is no clashes when attending trial days/other events
Every job has its requirements. These are ours;
1. Personal experience within the US collegiate system, i.e. former student-athlete (essential)
2. Expert knowledge and skills in collegiate sport. Understanding how it works, the benefits and challenges student athletes face will equip you well for this role (essential)
3. You’ll need excellent attention to detail, to ensure we deliver a good service across all our events and projects.
4. Excellent communication skills are essential. This includes professional email etiquette, timely responses, call-backs and being able to clearly and effectively communicate with prospective students and parents.
5. Ability to use initiative. You’ll need to be able to know what to research, who to contact and how to find solutions. Your ability to be a keen problem solver will be crucial in this role.
6. Basic understanding of Microsoft office is essential.
7. We require all our employees to be supportive and willing to help their teammates out on any ad hoc tasks to ensure the company achieves success.
- Starting salary: £20,000-£22,000
- 20 days paid holiday entitlement
- Company NEST pension scheme
- Paid mileage allowance
- Monthly team activities
- Bi-weekly training and support
- Opportunity to progress within the company
- Company work phone and tracksuit
1. Initial exploratory call with Operations Manager (to be completed by end of May 2022)
2. Written and phone task online (to be completed by end of June 2022)
3. Final questions and reference checks (July 2022), with an aim to start August 2022
This role is crucial in creating growth for the business. We believe in growing our people with the business and allowing them to enjoy a level of freedom and autonomy that not many people get to experience at work.
If this job opportunity is of interest to you, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.