Key member of COO Team
Managing the development and delivery of department plan
Overseeing and managing the Child Welfare and Safeguarding Committee
Developing and implementing Association Safeguarding Strategy and Policy
National Safeguarding Officer for the FAI FAI Liaison Person for the National Vetting Bureau
Developing and ensuring that all FAI Child Safeguarding related policies are structured to operate in line with Legislation including the Children First Act 2015 and The National Vetting Bureau Act 2012-2016
Ensuring implementation of policies from Grassroots to National Level through education and audits.
Ensuring Association is compliant with FIFA,UEFA and Sport Ireland Safeguarding Requirements
Liaising with and building a child welfare safeguarding network with key stakeholders including UEFA, FIFA, Sport Ireland, other national footballing associations and other Sporting National Bodies.
Liaising with Statutory authorities such as An Garda Siochana and Tusla in relation to Child Welfare and Safeguarding concerns.
Handling and carrying out complex casework in relation to complaints of poor practise, child welfare concerns and Child Abuse.
Managing department budget
Overseeing Garda Vetting obligations for the Association and handling
Key Skills and Experience Required
• Experience working in the area of Safeguarding
• Experience in developing and influencing policies, manuals, procedures etc.
• Proven ability to develop relationships and influence decisions
• Knowledge of FAI policies and procedures in the area of safeguarding
• Experience in dealing with complex cases involving children
• Experience in managing stakeholders both internal and external
• Excellent Time Management and Communication skills
• Proven I.T. skills
• Ideally, experience of working for/with a national sports governing body
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th of June at 5pm
Shortlisting will take place shortly afterwards
The Football Association of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.