• Made up of people representing the local community
• Provides guidance and direction to engage with under-represented communities/ diverse groups in football
• Promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion in football
• Raises awareness of football opportunities to under-represented communities/ diverse backgrounds
• Educates with the aim to prevent/eradicate harassment and discrimination in football
• Commits, as part of Oxfordshire FA, to make football inclusive For All
The IAG forms part of the Oxfordshire FA Strategic and Operational Plan and will help us deliver our vision to make Football For All.
Inclusion Advisory Group Member
(Please note the posts are available on a volunteer basis only)
• To identify key equality issues which impact upon inclusive participation in football.
• To use national and local insight to drive the creation and delivery of Oxfordshire FA Inclusion Action Plan.
• To offer independent advice and guidance on all matters relating to equality.
• To support the Oxfordshire FA to deliver key inclusion targets within the County FA business strategy and operational plans.
• Work collectively to build understanding and social cohesion between different communities, using football as a positive vehicle for change.
• To act as a champion of equality and anti-discrimination across football.
• To support the Oxfordshire FA in achieving further levels within the Equality Standard for Sport framework
We’re looking for people with a wide range of skills and abilities, including
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues and external partners at all levels.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
• Knowledge of Oxfordshire and the diverse communities that exist within the County.
• Ability to make decisions and influence change.
• Experience of working with diverse groups.
• Experience of developing project plans, ideally relating to equality, diversity and inclusion.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• A clear passion to make football inclusive For All
• Understanding of key equality legislation.
• Understand how The FA and the Oxfordshire FA support grassroots football.