Job Title Head Women's Soccer Coach
Posting Number 201100761
Full or Part Time Full-Time
Position Type Staff
Position End Date (if temporary)
Benefits Eligible Yes
Job Description Summary
The Head Women’s Soccer coach will serve as the primary coach and administrator for the women’s soccer program. The Head Women’s Soccer Coach will be responsible for instructing students in the areas of sports fundamentals, sportsmanship, and leadership, film, scouting, recruiting, academic and conduct monitoring, and strength and conditioning.
This will be a full-time, 11 month position within the Athletic Department. Other duties will be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Coaching responsibilities to include; instructing students on sport fundamentals, setting goals, setting clear expectations, and providing feedback to students
· Demonstrate teaching and coaching competencies with regards to skill instruction and tactical strategies
· Motivation and ability to conduct daily instruction and practice sessions
· Design and execute a competitive schedule
· Monitor and provide input and instruction regarding the strength and conditioning program for the team
· Program budget management
· Organize team travel arrangements including meals, hotels, and transportation
· The willingness to work with the women’s soccer program on annual planning and promotions
· Participate in department wide and sport specific fundraising efforts
· Develop and implement a comprehensive recruiting plan to include recruiting qualified collegiate student-athletes
· Provide leadership in the personal, academic, and athletic development of student-athletes
Monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes to ensure they are meeting academic course requirements and providing guidance and instruction to students to ensure success
Monitoring the conduct of the student-athletes and teaching athletes to work together; develop written team expectations
· Supervise and utilize assistant coaches
· Implement the basic principles and policies of the athletic governing bodies (NCAA / NAC) and Husson University
Education and Experience
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree required, Master’s degree preferred
Experience: Three years successful coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level, head coaching experience preferred, and the ability to work successfully in a highly competitive Division III environment. Coaching licenses, certifications, and badges preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities: Working knowledge of coaching both field players and goalkeepers. The ability to work with Front Rush recruiting software, and the ability to create film sessions with both individual members of the team and the full team.
Must also possess the skills to function well in a variety of roles that interact positively with the administration, faculty, coaching staff, student-athletes and other on-campus and off-campus communities.
The normal work environment includes outdoor weather conditions on a daily basis with regard to both practices and games.
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link to Posting https://husson.peopleadmin.com/postings/3472
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
List of References